Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pay about $60 to have 4 wheels and tires taken off and a new set of 4 wheels and tires (winters) put on. I do that 2x a year. On another leased vehicle, I kept one set of rims, and just bought winter tires, and I was charged, I think about $240 to have the tires taken off the rims, winter tires mounted back on that same set of times.
Thanks for the insight. To be honest, I think the Aero wheels look really bad. But $2400 includes Shipping and installation only need to get lug nuts. Tempting. Still think it’s cheaper to get tires and mount them on.

Good to know then, I thought it was high but I don't really know pricing for wheels. I thought $2,400 for those wheels, tires and sensors seemed high but I will defer.

Wow. Just for fun I called my local Ford dealer and priced a replacement 19” wheel for my Ford Escape...$536.77

1. I heard Costco won't touch Tesla's
2. May be true, but you will have to line up at 6am on a Tuesday and will get lucky to get a 7 pm time slot for that day.

Costco has really been going downhill over the past few years.

Costco outside the GTA is great. I use the one in Peterborough for all my family’s tires. Easy on-time appointments, fast in and out.

• Informative
Reactions: PAWilson
Wow. Just for fun I called my local Ford dealer and priced a replacement 19” wheel for my Ford Escape...$536.77
Yeah double Wow, now that's crazy :eek:

Costco outside the GTA is great. I use the one in Peterborough for all my family’s tires. Easy on-time appointments, fast in and out.
I love that Peterborough Costco, there is never anyone there. I went in there once on Dec 24th. I had the whole store to myself - I thought the place was closed :D

Reactions: 03DSG
1. I heard Costco won't touch Tesla's
2. May be true, but you will have to line up at 6am on a Tuesday and will get lucky to get a 7 pm time slot for that day.

Costco has really been going downhill over the past few years.
People on the forums have been saying different things. It seems it depends on Costco location whether they're willing to put tire on or not.

It all depends on when you go to get your tires put on. It's a panic as first snow is in next day or two. If you get there early enough, you can get your tires on first thing.

When I first saw this thread I thought "yes, this is exactly what I need - a bunch of car fanatics discussing what winter tires the M3 needs!".

After reading through all this nothing is at all clearer than before the thread. :/ I just want someone to tell me what the cheapest & best option is, but there appears to be no consensus. I know nothing about tires...

You were able to order the hood emblem from a Canadian Service Centre? My PPF installer told me it's not available in Canada yet. Did you order from Tesla Lawrence? How long does it take to get it in?

Oakville had them in stock. I booked a service appt for minor stuff at Lawrence in August so they ordered me one to pickup then. Don’t know how long it takes. I think the trunk ones are the same for all 3 of them.

Reactions: I am 3LECTRIC