Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Beaurepaires in Rolleston is where I got mine done in Jan. They were also able to source the TO spec OEM Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres.

The guys at the ChCh service centre had mentioned in the past that they were using one of the Beaurepaires near Wigram.

Interestingly I took the car in for a groaning sound from the front left. Turned out it needed a new upper control arm and lower lateral link, they replace both left and right under warranty as apparently this is a common fault in 2019 models. While there Tesla said they had some Michelin Tyres in stock and quoted $404.35 each plus GST which seemed reasonable. Also they said the front drive unit was seeping oil so they have ordered parts under warranty to replace them. The service was awesome, thanks Christchurch service center.

I’ve done almost 15k kms on my replacement Michelin Primacy 4s. At the time they were almost half the price of the T0 PS4.

Besides slightly more road noise, can’t fault the performance and they seem to be wearing better than the OEM PS4s.

Well worth considering the alternatives.

Interestingly I took the car in for a groaning sound from the front left. Turned out it needed a new upper control arm and lower lateral link, they replace both left and right under warranty as apparently this is a common fault in 2019 models. While there Tesla said they had some Michelin Tyres in stock and quoted $404.35 each plus GST which seemed reasonable. Also they said the front drive unit was seeping oil so they have ordered parts under warranty to replace them. The service was awesome, thanks Christchurch service center.
Our 2019 M3 SR+ just started making a noise this week from the front left wheel. It sounds like a squeaky balloon, or creaky like an old door, with every bump and every tiny turn of the steering wheel. Does that sound like your control arm noise? It's pretty loud both inside and outside the car. And until I get it to the dealer, is there any chance it is dangerous? TIA!

Ha, my 2019 also just started making that noise yesterday. Mine doesn't really make it on turning (yet) but it does when going over bumps or rises in the road and when accelerating from a stop. I have it booked in with the Christchurch service centre for Monday.

Here's a clip of mine:
Thanks for sharing. Can't really tell from the clip if we've got the same noise. Plz let me know how it turns out. I'll post a clip next time I get my hands on the car.

All sorted today!

The tech came out to do a road test with me at drop off but as he sat in the seat the suspension creaked dramatically and he was pretty confident on what the issue was. Both control arms were replaced and they also took care of a couple of outstanding service bulletins that I wasn't aware of. One was inspecting the mounting of the seat belts (I guess there was an issue with components being in the wrong order and not torqued right?) and the other was water sealing a wiring harness.

I had figured that it was the control arms issue based on seeing others report similar things but I kinda expected that it would take a few weeks to resolve, what with getting parts shipped in and everything. I guess they have some of these on hand though.

Reactions: Ecoli