Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 to get Hankook Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hankook tires are, I think, a quality tire at a good price. I would not complain if that is the tire on my Model 3.

Article states:
"Hankook Tire is known for its expertise in producing tires tailored to electric vehicles. It currently supplies tires for the Ioniq EV of Hyundai Motor and the C-Class hybrid of Mercedes-Benz".

The article states that the deal was signed in Tesla HQ in Los Angeles.

Tesla Motor HQ is in Palo Alto.

Maybe these tires are for another company that sounds like "Tesla" and there is a translation problem.

I took a nail in the shoulder of one of my rear tires -- 2013 S 85 with 21s -- only about 10,000 miles in. The Hankooks are very affordable with the right specs, but I found them to be a bit slippery tho on the back. When rotated to front, they were fine. They held up well. But I prefer the Michelins.

The article states that the deal was signed in Tesla HQ in Los Angeles.

Tesla Motor HQ is in Palo Alto.

Maybe these tires are for another company that sounds like "Tesla" and there is a translation problem.

The likelier scenario is Elon signed the deal at SpaceX HQ or Tesla Design Center and Korean reporters assumed Tesla HQ is in Los Angeles, even though technically those are both located in Los Angeles suburb of Hawthorne.

Also says Hankook will be main not only tire supplier.

I am willing to bet dual motor performance version will not get Hankook.

The likelier scenario is Elon signed the deal at SpaceX HQ or Tesla Design Center and Korean reporters assumed Tesla HQ is in Los Angeles, even though technically those are both located in Los Angeles suburb of Hawthorne.

Probably much closer to this. Maybe in the same way that us here on the East Coast just lump all of California together (and get roundly chastised by Californians who want nothing to do with their NorCal or SoCal counterparts)....the Korean news outlet probably just assumed that anything that happens in California is in Los Angeles.

Hadn't thought about i
This but this is probably likely. Performance versions will likely get different tires.