Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3: tow a boat out of the water from a ramp

I haven’t pulled a boat but I have pulled a trailer that is about 480kg and parked on an incline without an issue. The parking brake is set when you press the button. You may want to set it to chill mode and I am not sure if creep or whatever the new mode is called would be better. My guess is creep, but the new one petal mode will lock the brakes when your foot is not on the accelerator. Both modes have advantages and disadvantages.

KenC

Sep 4, 2018
Maine
I'd say the first time, stay in the driver's seat, and bring a helper to load the boat on the trailer.

When I get my hitch installed, I'll use my Model 3 to launch my Waverunner. That probably weighs 1000lbs with trailer, about 450kgs. My old Chevy Volt had no problems pulling or launching the Waverunner.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC