Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 tow package in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excellent! Thanks for taking the time. One suggestion, rather than taping the spliced connections, how about high quality heatshrink?

You'd either have to cut the car wire or disassemble the connector to get the heat shrink over the wire. Once you've cut the wire you need to rejoin it making the wire shorter than it was. The wires in most cars are only just as long as they need to be so then you're stretching the wire, or something.

Life is compromise.

Tesla3-towbar-3-700x700.png
How bout one of these detachable towbars. Looks a bit weird but does the trick. Euro towbars or etowbars does them - Invisible when detached

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
I bought one of these, from this company, for an ICE. Peugeot 508GT diesel. It came very quickly. Unfortunately, a couple of the plates did not fit. There is a variety of 508 models and mine was a little different (position of the muffler). However, the company was remarkably good to deal with. They offered a full refund and they would pick up the old bar. They also offered to redesign the side plates as a matter of urgency and ship them express from Europe. I took this option and they designed new plates literally overnight and got them to me from Europe in a couple of days. Very, very fast turnaround and things then fitted perfectly. Indeed, I installed the swan-neck this morning and towed 500kg of carpet in my aluminium trailer to the tip this morning. It works very smoothly and is invisible with the neck removed. I will replace the Peugeot with a M3 within 18 months and would have no hesitation buying and fitting either this towbar or the US one to an M3. My 508 is rated to pull 1000kg and the mounting of this towbar is identical to the factory one and very solid. Quote to install a factory one on the 508 was well over $5,000!
Cheers,
Dave

Reactions: Hairyman