Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 TPMS Sensors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would expect it to just recognize the new sensors when the different wheels/tires are mounted and sync with them automatically. This is what my 2012 Mustang was able to do, so if the Model 3 can’t handle that it would be pretty sad.

Has anyone had experience with tpms sensors on the Model 3? Will the system recognize 2 sets of tires with tpms (ie. a winter set and a summer set)? Or will they have to be re-programmed each season?

Yes, I can put your mind at ease. When you switch wheels, the car will (give it a few miles of driving) pop up a message saying it detected new wheels and asking you to confirm the size. Pretty slick, IMHO. Each set of TPMS has to be programmed to the Model 3, of course, but swapping should cause no issues at all.

• Informative
Reactions: PoitNarf
I would expect it too but my Lexus IS 250 needs to have the tires reprogrammed every time I switch from winter to summer tires. Hoping to hear someone that has already experienced this.

I thought I just confirmed that it works, but maybe I misunderstood your question. What do you mean your "tires" have to be reprogrammed? Are you going to have two sets of wheels, one with summer tires and one with winter, and each with its own set of TPMS sensors? If so, I can confirm that works.

I thought I just confirmed that it works, but maybe I misunderstood your question. What do you mean your "tires" have to be reprogrammed? Are you going to have two sets of wheels, one with summer tires and one with winter, and each with its own set of TPMS sensors? If so, I can confirm that works.

You did. I was replying to a previous message and had not seen yours at the time. Thanks for the response.

Do you know if ANY tpms sensors will work? I know some sensors work at different frequencies. I'm looking at some aftermarket wheels for the winter and they come with sensors that work at 315 MHz but I think (though not sure) model 3 sensors work at 433 MHz.

Have multiple BMW's with TPMS and getting the model 3 friday. It should "auto detect" where each sensor is located for each wheel when it is "reset" user doesnt have to do anything as it should be able to "triangulate" the location of each sensor in relation to wheel location. These engineers have thought of everything.

Have multiple BMW's with TPMS and getting the model 3 friday. It should "auto detect" where each sensor is located for each wheel when it is "reset" user doesnt have to do anything as it should be able to "triangulate" the location of each sensor in relation to wheel location. These engineers have thought of everything.
Good info, thanks! This will make rotating tires myself much easier.