Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Trade In

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
KBB/NADA means very little in the current environment. Tesla is generally below what Carvana/Carmax/Vroom/etc offers. I say generally as you’ll find examples above and below but I think you’ll find it below in most cases. If you live in a state that doesn’t deduct trade in from the sales price, it makes sense to check the other places to sell. If you live in a place that does, than figure out about what the tax difference would be and make a decision there. In any case, you’ll have to wait till about 14 days from your confirmed delivery date as any offers will be time bound so you’ll just have to wait.

If your EDD isn't until September I wouldn't worry about it as you have to renew your quote every 30 days. And then they just make up a number anyway. In the course of three months my quote swung $2500 and 2500 down. I'd say whatever you see for KBB Good is pretty much accurate.

Try Driveway.com.
I'm selling my MYP to them, since Tesla trade-in keeps expiring for ever changing (pushed out) delivery date.

Driveway beat others by $3K.
How has your experience been so far? We have been trying to sell them a M3LR for weeks now. The lack of communication is brutal. their offer was above what others have offered however I am not sure it's worth the pain at this point. Comparatively, Carvana was dream to work with in terms of selling a vehicle.

How has your experience been so far? We have been trying to sell them a M3LR for weeks now. The lack of communication is brutal. their offer was above what others have offered however I am not sure it's worth the pain at this point. Comparatively, Carvana was dream to work with in terms of selling a vehicle.
Communication is actually bit much.
I receive text, phone call, and email asking me if I want to move forward.
So far it has been a good process.

I went ahead and scheduled an inspection, at day 6/7 valuation expiration - that will be tomorrow. One of the Acura dealership will be checking the car.

Yesterday, the contact asked for copy of title/registration and loan/lien info.
Then there was an app to upload several photos of the car.

She said the car came up as "excellent" condition. My 2020 MYP with FSD 26K miles was quoted $61.7K. We will see if that value hold at inspection tomorrow.

I will sell it and leave it with the Acura dealership if the value is at that or higher.

I went ahead and scheduled an inspection, at day 6/7 valuation expiration - that will be tomorrow. One of the Acura dealership will be checking the car.

She said the car came up as "excellent" condition. My 2020 MYP with FSD 26K miles was quoted $61.7K. We will see if that value hold at inspection tomorrow.

I will sell it and leave it with the Acura dealership if the value is at that or higher.
Would love an update if you can.

Would love an update if you can.
Everything was going smooth until...

Have two cars I accepted an offer from Driveway.

2021 Model Y LR 7seat Tow No FSD: $61.5K at 9K miles

2020 Model Y P FSD: $61.7K at 26K miles

As from my previous post - I sent them all documents, uploaded pictures in their virtual inspection app, and was set for final inspection/payment today.

During signing papers with the Driveway rep this AM, I noticed that the VIN was for the 2021 LR Y - got mixed up somehow even though I sent them the registration, odometer readin with VIN...Now the rep ran a new valuation showing $58K!

I am now waiting to see if they will honor the orig offer of $61.7K.😔

Picking up the replacement MYP this Friday - now I am scrambling to see how much if Tesla take it as a trade. Last week's valuation of this MYP was $61.5K.

Everything was going smooth until...

Have two cars I accepted an offer from Driveway.

2021 Model Y LR 7seat Tow No FSD: $61.5K at 9K miles

2020 Model Y P FSD: $61.7K at 26K miles

As from my previous post - I sent them all documents, uploaded pictures in their virtual inspection app, and was set for final inspection/payment today.

During signing papers with the Driveway rep this AM, I noticed that the VIN was for the 2021 LR Y - got mixed up somehow even though I sent them the registration, odometer readin with VIN...Now the rep ran a new valuation showing $58K!

I am now waiting to see if they will honor the orig offer of $61.7K.😔

Picking up the replacement MYP this Friday - now I am scrambling to see how much if Tesla take it as a trade. Last week's valuation of this MYP was $61.5K.
Ah yikes sorry to hear that, well hopefully all is well that ends well.

Fingers crossed our experience ends up the same.

Still waiting on Driveway on my end. They said we didn't submit paperwork but I have it in my sent items. Oh well, not sure when they will offer a new appraisal but prices are definitely dropping.
Another day another text from Driveway that we haven't submitted documentation. It appears that half of the things that I submit via email are lost in their "system".

I got a trade-in quote for my Model 3 from Tesla last October. It was great!

I then placed an order for a Y.

My Y VIN was finally assigned about 10 days ago. I asked for another trade-in quote (since the original was no longer valid). The quote was for $8k less than the original.

I did not trade it in.