Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 trade to Refreshed Model S poll….

Is it worth it to trade in your 3 for a refreshed 2021.5 LR or Plaid

• Yes

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Maybe, please explain

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Understood. The 3 is an awesome car; which is why I'm conflicted about going Plaid.

I know you said "its not about the coin" but you also asked basically "is the value there" so that means it is at least somewhat about the money. You are basically asking is the plaid worth the cost of 3 of your current car (roughly). Its a similar question to those such as " is the taycan worth it over the model 3p?"

I personally dont consider cars costing 2-3 times as much to be in the same class, so its hard to wrap a comparison around it. A similar (but down market) question would be like " is this 12k beater honda worth trading in, and putting 50k with it, and getting a model 3P?"

Its a different sandbox, lol

I think if you have already ordered the car, delivery is imminent and money is no object, the decision has been made! You are looking for justification rather than a decision mover...IMO. Regardless, enjoy your new car
On this topic may be worth it for the OP to go into the model S forums and see what people are saying about their plaid model S. Guessing not many in the model 3 forum have driven one...

Reactions: TexasTezla
I’m in the same situation. Ordered a plaid a week ago just to get in line and now my delivery date is a month out. My 3p is more practical and I love the car but probably won’t turn down the opportunity to grab the plaid. I like small cars though and don't need the space. Roadster would be ideal but is years away so I guess I will go plaid. I drive in cities too though and street park sometimes so having 3P is easier and less anxiety than the plaid. So that is kinda concerning and the potential heaviness and tossability of the plaid….

Reactions: thewishmaster