Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Trailer Hitch Wiring Plug?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you. Pricey little device. We went and looked at Tag and Tab trailers yesterday. hmmmmmmm
Nice. Ya I was hesitant to buy this because of the price tag. Heck, even half of that seems like a lot of money for trailer wiring. And then there’s the $800 carbon spoiler in the tesla store I’d love to have, but damn that’s a whole lot of money!

In the end I’m happy I got this adapter, wish it cost a lot less, but after taking apart the rear of my brand new car to install the hitch I really didn’t have much explorer-bandwidth left for jacking into the wiring so I’m glad this plugnplay option exists.

Nice. Ya I was hesitant to buy this because of the price tag. Heck, even half of that seems like a lot of money for trailer wiring. And then there’s the $800 carbon spoiler in the tesla store I’d love to have, but damn that’s a whole lot of money!

In the end I’m happy I got this adapter, wish it cost a lot less, but after taking apart the rear of my brand new car to install the hitch I really didn’t have much explorer-bandwidth left for jacking into the wiring so I’m glad this plugnplay option exists.

I hear ya.

If you can take apart the bumper and all that apart, tapping into the wiring (especially without cutting any wires and super clear instructions) is super easy. I have the Stealth Hitch installed and couldnt be happier. Home Depot runs and garbage runs (yard debris, and all) is super easy now with a small trailer.

Reactions: Webeevdrivers
If you can take apart the bumper and all that apart, tapping into the wiring (especially without cutting any wires and super clear instructions) is super easy. I have the Stealth Hitch installed and couldnt be happier. Home Depot runs and garbage runs (yard debris, and all) is super easy now with a small trailer.
Nice!
F6843993-5497-4E50-A248-D3E00A1A94AA.jpeg

Reactions: Quorky
That’s my homemade trailer used mainly to shuttle my mower around town during mowing season. It’s a little “little long in the tooth” but perfect as mower shuttle and misc odd jobs I use it for. The bike rack is what’s attached to my hitch, I just backed the T up to the trailer to snap a pic of the lights.

Nice. I was about to ask how you have the trailer and the bike rack hooked up at the same time.

Here is what I use mine for. I gotta say, properly loaded you don't feel it back there at all, even with 2k lbs.

IMG_20200817_125710.jpg
IMG_20200817_173319.jpg

Reactions: beeteam
I recently installed the EcoHitch from Torklift on my 2020 M3. Install went smoothly (helps having a lift ;-) and the trailer lights even smoother. I used this adapter available from a private vendor on eBay: Tesla Model 3 Trailer Digital Wiring Module (Trailer Hitch Lights Connector) | eBay

Very slick, plugs right into the Telsa factory plug noted above for OE trailer light harness. This module is as plug-and-play as it gets, requires no cutting/jumping/running wires and module is contained in a sealed housing. I tucked it behind the bumper crash bar and mounted it there with zip ties.

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem available thru anyone anymore. If someone sees this come available please let me know.

thanks in advance.

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem available thru anyone anymore. If someone sees this come available please let me know.

thanks in advance.
It is still there. merchandise does not stay permanently on e-bay links. They have an expiry. Merchants have to repost items for sale periodically. Copy paste the title and search for it again in main ebay search bar. The pricy $400 bugger will not sell out.