Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 tries to jump creek

MP3Mike

Feb 1, 2016
Oregon
It will be interesting if we get to see how damaged the car is and what it costs to fix it:

Tesla Model 3 jumps over a creek in likely first major accident

screen-shot-2018-01-15-at-1-34-19-pm.jpg

mrsandman

Jan 21, 2016
Los Angeles
I could totally see how the driver might try and take that turn at a high speed.

I’m interested to find out whether or not the driver was able to walk away from the car.

MotoEvCA

Apr 30, 2017
Northern California
Must have gotten distracted fiddling with that screen trying to get the rear seat heating controls to function while making their way to grandmom' house (listening to a jolly and inspiring song on the recently enabled FM radio). Looks like someone took the song literally.

tesla-model-3-screen.png

Unknown.jpg

Last edited:

SMAlset

Mar 4, 2017
SF Bay Area
OMG I know this area. Those trees on the map kind of hide the creek that's there. Same creek BTW that runs from the Anderson Dam, you know the one that overflowed last year and flooded part of San Jose. Good thing the dam isn't flowing like it was back then or he'd be in San Jose on his way to the SF Bay.

Really sad to see a new Model 3 in this situation and really more than anything hope the driver is okay. After waiting all this time for your car I can only imagine how the driver must feel. And parts supply...? Wonder if it's totalled.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC