Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Trips Wall GFCI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GFCI's work by comparing current between the hot and neutral wires. If they differ by 4-6mA or more, that extra current is going somewhere other than through the circuit and is reaching a potentially dangerous level. Tesla EVSE's test presence of ground by intentionally "leaking" a couple mA through the ground pin. Normally this should be less than the trip threshold of everyday GFCI's. If everything's wired properly, your mobile connector may be leaking a little too much during this test.

Do you have any other known good GFCI-protected circuits/receptacles you can charge on to test?
I have one in my garage, other side of the house and I haven’t seen any issues with them

This! Buy a different brand GFCI and try that out. Hopefully it’s not as sensitive as the existing one. I had the same issue at my mother-in-laws house once I replaced her ancient GFCI. I don’t not have any issues anywhere else with level 1 charging on GFCI.
I replaced it once already but it was the same brand (Leviton) I could try to move one of the working ones but I hate to break something else that’s already working