Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 trunk beeping twice and stopping halfway?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just did an experiment. Couldn't reproduce the single beep problem but could easily reproduce the double beep behaviour by gently prevent boot from opening with a hand. So it seems like the double beep problem is a restricted boot opening or current overload in the boot opener and the single beep problem is something else.
Actually our boot problem is a double beep so presumably it's an intermittent mechanical problem with boot not opening easily enough and motor requesting excessive current.

Any idea when 2022.8.4 is coming out to fix this issue? I'm glad I haven't updated to either 8.2 or 8.3, to avoid the half-opening issue. My double-beeping on occasion seems trivial now. Ha ha. But hope 2022.8.4 fixes that too. No other issues with the trunk, so I'm not complaining :). It's just slightly annoying to hear those double beeps without knowing why that is.

Any idea when 2022.8.4 is coming out to fix this issue? I'm glad I haven't updated to either 8.2 or 8.3, to avoid the half-opening issue. My double-beeping on occasion seems trivial now. Ha ha. But hope 2022.8.4 fixes that too. No other issues with the trunk, so I'm not complaining :). It's just slightly annoying to hear those double beeps without knowing why that is.
2022.12.X doesn't fix it so I would be surprised if 8.4 does.

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Well, you're in Canada, so not apples to oranges. My guess is your 2022.12.x is probably equivalent to US 2022.8.3 then. Hopefully the next revision (8.4 for us) will finally fix the problem. Surprised it's taking that long.

Well, you're in Canada, so not apples to oranges. My guess is your 2022.12.x is probably equivalent to US 2022.8.3 then. Hopefully the next revision (8.4 for us) will finally fix the problem. Surprised it's taking that long.
Pretty sure our updates are the same. 12.X is the one with the new shortcut icons. I don't have it yet but have seen the issue on 8.2 and 8.3. Others have reported the issue on 12.X.

Mine’s been doing this since 8.3 and I’m still waiting for a software fix as I was told would happen by the service department ages ago. Doesn’t matter what method I try opening it and it just feels bad trying to force it open by hand as it seems to be stressing the hinges and struts. Tried resetting the height too but it’s completely hit and miss if it opens past 30% or more. It just annoying me now.

Reactions: father_of_6
Mine’s been doing this since 8.3 and I’m still waiting for a software fix as I was told would happen by the service department ages ago. Doesn’t matter what method I try opening it and it just feels bad trying to force it open by hand as it seems to be stressing the hinges and struts. Tried resetting the height too but it’s completely hit and miss if it opens past 30% or more. It just annoying me now.
yep, same. Pretty sure we're going to be waiting a while.

Reactions: father_of_6
Still seeing the issue on 2022.12.3.2. It only happens to me the first time I try opening the trunk after parking. I tried it today from the touchscreen and it open halfway, I taped close, and then tapped open again and it opened all the way.

• Informative
Reactions: Graham J
Indeed hard to believe, especially after 3 tries already. Geez. In that case, just use the version before the first change that screwed up the trunk, which is the one I have now. It only beeps twice occasionally, but no functional issues. Sounds like middle-schoolers are in charge of programming at Tesla now. And that might be an insult to middle-schoolers. Ha ha.

I’ve been having the trunk opening partway issue for a while now, intermittently 25-50% of the time and still occurring on version 2022.12.3.2. It also appears that alignment is off on the passenger side near the hinge. I also had the issue where the trunk caught on the car trim and had to be replaced at a body shop. I‘m skeptical it is a software issue but I've also noticed that the screen showing the status of the doors and trunk isn’t alway correct so maybe it is.

Reactions: eddieman