Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 trunk beeping twice and stopping halfway?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I came across an unusual issue with my powered lift gate for my trunk this morning. When I attempted to open the trunk with the button located on the back of the car, the trunk opened about 4 inches before beeping twice and immediately closing. This occurred several times before I manually opened the trunk to its maximum height and pressed the button located inside the trunk to see if I could get it to close and open properly. When I pressed the button, the trunk slammed shut. The issue has been replicated through the app and the UI inside the car. I have reset the car and the issue still persists.

I opened a service ticket today to have Tesla Service come out next week.

Has anyone else had this issue? Seems odd considering I’ve never had any previous issues with the powered lift gate.

Hi guys. Ever since I updated to 2022.8.2, my cars trunk stops halfway and beeps twice when I open it. Zero obstructions and this happens outdoors or indoors in my garage. Anyone else experiencing this issue? I also tried to reset the height at which it opens up but still no luck.

Reactions: ss71
I had the exact same issue since 2022.8.2.
I could fix it by recalibrating the trunk: when it stops, just open it manually until the desired opening height and long-press the trunk button until you start hearing beeps. It should solve the issue.

2/2022 m3p build.

got the update the other day and this happened once to me when i pressed the button on the trunk -- stopped half way and 2 beeps. ive since used the trunk a few times and its not happened since. if you have sentry on and/or using 3rd party apps that keeps the car awake, try to disable those and let the car sleep. this may correct it. in the software update thread in the software sub, there have been others who noticed this also.

Spoken to Tesla service today and they have confirmed it’s a software bug and will be fixed shortly with a software update. Least it’s not hardware!
I replied to them today asking if they could roll back the firmware due to this but no dice.

They did mention a workaround though: once it stops you can hit the same button again and it will continue opening.

• Helpful
Reactions: lUtriaNt