Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Tyres Pressures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Public Service announcement and a plea to everyone out there, check your pressures regularly if you don’t already do so, don’t wait for the warning light as they’re far too low already when that comes on. Know what the correct pressures are meant to be, if you don’t know then find out without asking on the internet, every car has a label you’ve probably ignored every time you’ve got in the car, and check the physical tread depth across the tyre at least once a month. Check your screen wash while you’re at it.

Winter is on its way (not that it should matter), and your tyres are the only thing between you and the road, you may be very grateful you checked. It ain’t clever not doing the basics.

#just getting over Covid grump - apologies to those that do act responsibly

My tyre pressure warning light has come on - what pressure should the tyres be?

Polish_20211020_122647468.png

Just sorted my nudging-into-amber tyre pressures (first time I've needed to in >4 months/5k miles). Very fiddly, especially removing the inflator thingy from the valve without losing all the air again (don't know if was the Aero covers). Still, the car seems happy now (not sure if real or imagined - because we saw the warnings - but we felt the Tesla was 0.1% more twitchy on the roads,* and the warnings are all off as well).

Took me a while to find the 12v (I know, I know, RTFM).

In future, it should be easy to remember the tyre pressures for my car (42 psi - 4.2 seconds 0-60 IIRC as well). Just think of Douglas Adams... :cool:

* The twitchiest car I've ever owned was a Merc C180 - not sure why, but if the pressure was out, even a little, it would suddenly feel like soap in the bath. Old age, probably.

To save anyone checking, the recommended pressures for cold weather are 42 PSI or 2.90 bar.

Its the same recommended tyre pressure no matter what the weather. But the measurement should be taken when tyres are cold, ie before a drive and with the car not being left in the sun etc.

Tolerance for the standard TPMS warning is -10%, so 4.2psi below standard, 37.8psi, or 37/38psi on screen.

As with other cars, the recommended pressures are printed on the body. In the case of the Model 3, its on a sticker on the inside of the front passenger door frame, along with max loading weights.