Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Tyres

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it is time for me to get new tires for my 2021 M3 LR
I curently have Michelin Pilot Sport 4 T0 235/45 ZR18 98Y
After some home work, I have decided to go with the same tyre.
Now that tire now comes in a T0 and a T1 variant. What is the difference ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind thanks guys

Reactions: Hungry Mile
The best I could find is that T0 is first generation and T1 is the second generation of the tyre. Apparently there is a T2 in some markets. For the life of me I have been unable to get more detail. Maybe call the local tyre dealer.

Check this thread out, T1/T2 are both Tesla specific tyres

Reactions: Hairyman
IMO you'd be better off buying a complete set and selling the old set. Tyres alone are around $1800 from what I understand.

Thanks for that link. Now priced at $2,790. That's wheels, tyres and tyre pressure sensors, but not covers.

Now that's interesting. I've just received a quote for just the tyres, installation, disposal of old tyres. No mention of balance or alignment. PS4's quoted at nearly $2300 inc GST. Seems @Nobody Famous might have a point!

I'm happy to have the Pilot Sport 4's as they've been great for me. But one would think that by now Tesla might supply the Pilot Sport 5. They are available at other suppliers, and my inclination is to buy the most recent tech available, rather than the old tech. Michelin claims the PS5 offer 15% extra longevity.

Anyway, what are others doing?
Me, I'll get quotes from non Tesla suppliers as well.