Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - UAE Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yeah now the EST is on 29 October
Makes sense as it takes about 18-20 days for shipment from Shanghai and considering that it will be a first shipment in Q4. Then you add the lethargic TESLA UAE team who sit on the deliveries for another 2 weeks before you can get your hands on the car.

Also note that this was how Tesla historically ships exports but, can change for the better soon with increased production.

There could also be a late Q3 shipment if you are lucky. Don't forget to buy a Duty Free raffle if that happens :)

Makes sense as it takes about 18-20 days for shipment from Shanghai and considering that it will be a first shipment in Q4. Then you add the lethargic TESLA UAE team who sit on the deliveries for another 2 weeks before you can get your hands on the car.

Also note that this was how Tesla historically ships exports but, can change for the better soon with increased production.

There could also be a late Q3 shipment if you are lucky. Don't forget to buy a Duty Free raffle if that happens :)
I have just learnt that 3 days ago they gave someone his VCC (MYP White) 11th digit B which indicates berlin obviously, and to my surprise i did not receive my VCC, called them several times to ask about it and all they say is by the end of the day ... every day. who to blame here? no one knows as they are pointing out to the customs not uploading & a friend at the customs are pointing at them not booking in the cars for the clearance inspection. funny as is.

I have just learnt that 3 days ago they gave someone his VCC (MYP White) 11th digit B which indicates berlin obviously, and to my surprise i did not receive my VCC, called them several times to ask about it and all they say is by the end of the day ... every day. who to blame here? no one knows as they are pointing out to the customs not uploading & a friend at the customs are pointing at them not booking in the cars for the clearance inspection. funny as is.
Wow, that is quite bad. Know others waiting like you for MYP from Berlin and do not have the VCC yet.
Think a lot of it from the fact that the delivery is outsourced to RMAA and between them and Tesla, not sure who is worse.
Had the Tesla orientation today online where the UAE store supervisor was talking without realising he was on mute for about 10 mins 😂 Irony is that this is how the TA's are. They don't communicate...

The issue is they always say by the end of the day, i requested a call back today and believe it or not they called back and put me in hold for 2 HOURS!!! that is crazy. as far as i know 1 of my friends only received his VCC which is odd tbh. lets see what happens but we are approaching the delivery dates and we cant prepare for our delivery (BANK LPO & Vehicle insurance) ENBD will not release the LPO unless they get a copy of the VCC every bank has their own rules it seems.

The issue is they always say by the end of the day, i requested a call back today and believe it or not they called back and put me in hold for 2 HOURS!!! that is crazy. as far as i know 1 of my friends only received his VCC which is odd tbh. lets see what happens but we are approaching the delivery dates and we cant prepare for our delivery (BANK LPO & Vehicle insurance) ENBD will not release the LPO unless they get a copy of the VCC every bank has their own rules it seems.
Atleast they called you back:) I was not that lucky!

Don't sweat too much about the insurance as you will get time to do it. HSBC was more relaxed for the loan and they issued the LPO prior to recieving the VCC. As soon as they got the LPO, same day I received the delivery email confirming the date which coincidentally was on the last day of the initial EDD.

Requests to change the delivery date fell on deaf ears so keep your insurance for 13 months with a start date 5 days before the assigned delivery date which you will get an email and SMS as the car registration is from the date of Insurance. Don't put the date earlier, you will only loose that extra week's buffer without any joy from Tesla that they will expedite for you.

Do you really need the orientation? i wanted to attend but never knew the timing.
The initial part of the session was nothing different from the videos we have seen. It was more or less the FAQ's from the website just presented one way initially. I was expecting to hear about the actual delivery process and what to expect which didn't happen. They shared this link which essentially has all the information --> After Taking Delivery
However, the presenter, guess a more senior guy than the TA's we interact with took time to answer all the questions on the chats. Think they have an Arabic session today from 2 to 3. They had sent a link to RSVP which is not working anymore.

Atleast they called you back:) I was not that lucky!

Don't sweat too much about the insurance as you will get time to do it. HSBC was more relaxed for the loan and they issued the LPO prior to recieving the VCC. As soon as they got the LPO, same day I received the delivery email confirming the date which coincidentally was on the last day of the initial EDD.

Requests to change the delivery date fell on deaf ears so keep your insurance for 13 months with a start date 5 days before the assigned delivery date which you will get an email and SMS as the car registration is from the date of Insurance. Don't put the date earlier, you will only loose that extra week's buffer without any joy from Tesla that they will expedite for you.

The initial part of the session was nothing different from the videos we have seen. It was more or less the FAQ's from the website just presented one way initially. I was expecting to hear about the actual delivery process and what to expect which didn't happen. They shared this link which essentially has all the information --> After Taking Delivery
However, the presenter, guess a more senior guy than the TA's we interact with took time to answer all the questions on the chats. Think they have an Arabic session today from 2 to 3. They had sent a link to RSVP which is not working anymore.
Good to know mate, so your delivery is still set on the 16th right?

As per the latest update on my account, my EDD is from 30th Aug - 13th September and also can see VIN in the source code. 3 weeks back I had received a call from Tesla where they stated that after VIN allocation I should expect a call from bank & Tesla on the next steps. However I have not received any communication on the next step regarding Bank loan, documentation , delivery etc.

Please guide what would be the next steps based on your experience

Hey guys we ordered a m3lr with 19” wheels and blue colour mid April. A week back the delivery window changed from Q1 2023 to between Nov 11 - Dec 26 which I thought was due to the changes in the M3 production line in Shanghai, but now it’s reverted back to Jan - Mar 2023 for no apparent reason! Has anyone else experienced this?

P.S. I did change the colour of the car from grey to blue a few weeks after ordering the car and I don’t know if that could change the delivery date of the car

As per the latest update on my account, my EDD is from 30th Aug - 13th September and also can see VIN in the source code. 3 weeks back I had received a call from Tesla where they stated that after VIN allocation I should expect a call from bank & Tesla on the next steps. However I have not received any communication on the next step regarding Bank loan, documentation , delivery etc.

Please guide what would be the next steps based on your experience
Congrats on the car allotment.

A TA will get in contact soon and will ask you for the pre-approval from the bank. Usually, the bank representative contacts you before the lazy TA wakes up to initiate the loan approval, so you can get all your documents ready to be sent. Typical ones as passport, visa, Emirates ID, license, employee card etc. They give you 7 days for this and it usually takes 2-3 days from the time you give all the documents and your credit report is fine. Mine was HSBC and was straightforward.

Once this is done, you should start contacting the insurance companies to get the quotes and compare them.

About a week to 10 days later, you will have the delivery appointment confirmation (some cases, appointment is done after LPO is issued) which I got 2 days before the car reached Dubai. Use this to have the down-payment ready. Some banks as HSBC will even have the loan approved and LPO sent before the VCC is recieved. Below note from Tesla on bank financing.
NOTE 1: In case you are financing with
Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank be aware payment is prior delivery. Therefore, after registration we will deliver your vehicle only upon receiving full payment from ADIB.
NOTE 2: In case you are financing with
Emirates NBD or First Abu Dhabi Bank, down payment must be paid directly to Tesla.

Once the car is loaded off from the ship, you will get the VCC through the TA or will be on the portal under registration. If the LPO is not done prior, give it to them and settle the down-payment to have the loan finalised along with the mortgage. Down-payment rules varies as above.

Also, use the VCC to take the Insurance (13 month) to start 5 days prior to delivery date and upload on the portal.

For delivery, I chose home delivery which was more convenient that JA pickup from what I have heard.

Few more days and your wait is over...

Last edited:
Hey guys we ordered a m3lr with 19” wheels and blue colour mid April. A week back the delivery window changed from Q1 2023 to between Nov 11 - Dec 26 which I thought was due to the changes in the M3 production line in Shanghai, but now it’s reverted back to Jan - Mar 2023 for no apparent reason! Has anyone else experienced this?

P.S. I did change the colour of the car from grey to blue a few weeks after ordering the car and I don’t know if that could change the delivery date of the car
Had something similar last quarter when all the slots were over and I was pushed to this quarter for allocation. The dates kept improving and I finally got one of the earlier deliveries this quarter.

Changing configurations will put you in the back of the queue again according to the ill-informed TA's which is a bummer.

Unfortunately, seeing a lot or LR's being pushed to later dates which could be deferred production with new battery updates. This is not confirmed, just a guess.

Had something similar last quarter when all the slots were over and I was pushed to this quarter for allocation. The dates kept improving and I finally got one of the earlier deliveries this quarter.

Changing configurations will put you in the back of the queue again according to the ill-informed TA's which is a bummer.

Unfortunately, seeing a lot or LR's being pushed to later dates which could be deferred production with new battery updates. This is not confirmed, just a guess.
Was wondering the dates of you placing the order and receiving the car.
Besides, did you get your car before your delivery window? Im praying I get mine before next year🙏🙏🙏