Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - UAE Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was wondering the dates of you placing the order and receiving the car.
Besides, did you get your car before your delivery window? Im praying I get mine before next year🙏🙏🙏
I was among the unlucky ones hit with the Covid closure of Shanghai in April. My order was in Jan for May delivery. Missed the June delivery which was very limited in stock. But, looks like the supply is now in plenty so there is hope 😀

Guys anyone got any new update?
The myl is being handled to customers.. but didn't get anything yet about my m3l
In your region, Model Y seems to be coming from GigaBerlin And we know that GB was prioritising Model Y during ramp up. Until the opening of GB all cars were coming from GigaShanghai. In Australia where I am, Model 3 orders from about the middle of February are being delivered now. Anyone with a later order will be waiting until they start production of remote market cars at the beginning of the next quarter as Tesla produce local China market cars late in the quarter so they have a chance of being delivered to customers and counting in that quarters results.
If your car comes from Shanghai the original estimate of November sounds accurate but if they switch to Berlin this might change things for your delivery and you may get your car sooner.
“Speculation “

Reactions: mars101
Guys anyone got any new update?
The myl is being handled to customers.. but didn't get anything yet about my m3l
True, lots of MYLR's being diverted for people who even ordered In Jun/Jul. End of quarter now and the last window is the coming week. If you do not receive any update from Tesla, it will be early November for the next set of orders.
Signs to watch for is in the app, when the delivery timeline changes to 1 month window and later, a 2 week one. This is indication that you are closer.
In your region, Model Y seems to be coming from GigaBerlin And we know that GB was prioritising Model Y during ramp up. Until the opening of GB all cars were coming from GigaShanghai. In Australia where I am, Model 3 orders from about the middle of February are being delivered now. Anyone with a later order will be waiting until they start production of remote market cars at the beginning of the next quarter as Tesla produce local China market cars late in the quarter so they have a chance of being delivered to customers and counting in that quarters results.
If your car comes from Shanghai the original estimate of November sounds accurate but if they switch to Berlin this might change things for your delivery and you may get your car sooner.
“Speculation “
True, only MYP white/black from Berlin and others from Shanghai

Attachments

• 715EF6D2-00B8-4DC6-A311-BF651209FB86.jpeg
    715EF6D2-00B8-4DC6-A311-BF651209FB86.jpeg
    362.9 KB · Views: 98
The EDD for our M3LR changed from Jan-Mar 2023 to some date between November - December(1 month window), which became November 26 - December 13 and as of today been updated to November 18 - December 3. First off, has anyone else had their EDD updated to this?

Also, for those who have already got their teslas, how early before the delivery date did you arrange your financing(we’re considering paying in full amount and they’ve mentioned to pay the full amount before the delivery date) and insurance?

Could anyone also describe how they got their charging situation sorted? I currently live in a pretty crappy apartment building so I’m not sure what steps I’m gonna have to go through or what approvals to get(DEWA?) before getting the charger.

The EDD for our M3LR changed from Jan-Mar 2023 to some date between November - December(1 month window), which became November 26 - December 13 and as of today been updated to November 18 - December 3. First off, has anyone else had their EDD updated to this?

Also, for those who have already got their teslas, how early before the delivery date did you arrange your financing(we’re considering paying in full amount and they’ve mentioned to pay the full amount before the delivery date) and insurance?

Could anyone also describe how they got their charging situation sorted? I currently live in a pretty crappy apartment building so I’m not sure what steps I’m gonna have to go through or what approvals to get(DEWA?) before getting the charger.
I had an EDD Jan/Mar 2023. On the 20 Oct. I got an update to 25 Oct/8 Nov. On the 27 Oct, the EDD became 3 Nov/18 Nov.
When you get close to the date, Tesla will send an email with the steps.

This is the mail content:

1. Auto Loan Pre-Approval
A Pre-Approval must be provided by 28th of October. The vehicle will automatically be unassigned from your account if a pre-approval is not provided.

In the meantime, please make sure you are checking insurance companies and their rates.

2. Down-Payment
Once you provide the necessary documents to the designated bank representative and your pre-approval documents have been signed, the bank will request a down payment. This will be needed for your chosen bank to proceed with the Final Approval (LPO).
Please note that a minimum down-payment amount of 20% of the value of your car is required, however if you wish to pay more than 20%, this should be discussed with the bank.
NOTE 1: In case you are not financing with Tesla's preferred banks be aware payment is prior to delivery. Therefore, after registration we will deliver your vehicle only upon receiving full payment from the bank.

NOTE 2:
In case you are financing with Emirates NBD or First Abu Dhabi Bank only, down payment must be paid directly to Tesla. Ensure you deduct your order fee amount before completing the down payment.
Please find below our payment methods:

1. Wire transfer
2. Cash Deposit: directly at any Citibank branch

Please find our account details below:
-Tesla bank details-

Please ensure you mention your Reference Number (RN11XXXXXXXX) as a payment reference. Failure in providing this information, might lead to a delay of your delivery. Proof of your payment should be e-mailed to [email protected] using your order number as the subject.

3. Final Approval
After obtaining the Vehicle Customs Certificate (VCC), your chosen bank will be able to proceed for Final Approval (LPO) and Mortgage. Please have these documents issued by the bank within 3 working days after VCC is provided. Final approval (LPO) is usually issued within 24 hours after signing the final documents and down payment is paid.

Be advised the registration process cannot be completed unless your mortgage is online.

4. Insurance
We will provide you with the details required on your Tesla Account to generate an insurance policy closer to your scheduled delivery date.
Proof of insurance must be uploaded into your Tesla Account within 48 hours after VCC is provided.

Please make sure the following are correct before uploading your policy onto your Tesla Account:
-The start date should be no later than 5 days prior your delivery appointmentotherwise your delivery date will be delayed.
-Your insurance policy should be fully comprehensive, valid for 13 months and in the name of the person who the car will be registered to.
-The insurance policy must reflect the full and correct price of the vehicle as mentioned in your Order Agreement, correct motor number/s and VIN/chassis number.
-The bank in which your car is financed must be mentioned. Your insurance company will issue a document called a "HIRE PURCHASE" and an "ASSIGNEE LETTER" or "BANK LETTER".
-All insurance documents must be stamped and signed by your insurance company.

Please note Tesla do not offer in-house insurance and you can choose to take your policy with any company of your choice.

5. Registration and Delivery
After completing the above steps, we will be able to proceed with the registration of your car, in the Emirate of your choice.
Once the registration is successfully completed, we will begin preparing your car for delivery and will contact you to confirm your delivery appointment.
In case you would like to change to pick up from Jebal Ali delivery hub, please note it is a touchless, self-serving delivery experience. There will be minimum interaction and you can accept delivery though your Tesla Account.

Please allow up to 3 - 4 working days between registration completion and delivery.

HI,
We had same email as you with the vague & conflicting instructions!
This all happened over past few weeks and we got our M3P delivered by truck from Jebel Ali to Abu Dhabi on Monday.
We financed our car through Emirates NBD and paid our 20% deposit about 2 weeks before we got the car.
We received the VIN number a few days later - but this was not enough for Emirates NBD to complete the finance documentation.
For that we needed to receive and pass on the copy of the VCC - which is issued by UAE when car has arrived at port (or maybe nearly arrived!)
We got car insured (pleasantly surprised at how reasonable insurance cost was!) on 21st October and sent copy of document to the Tesla UAE email account.
Even though we sent this - noticed that the Tesla online account asked for copy to be uploaded.
We phoned Tesla UAE on a near daily basis to get updates and to hassle them for confirmed delivery date!
Car was registered last Friday and I had to go to the Abu Dhabi traffic department to collect the number plates on Monday morning.
Car had the usual clip on plate frames already fitted - so took a few seconds to unclip the frame and put plates on when it arrived!
We were given the name of our delivery advisor- but never got to speak with her until she rang yesterday to check whether we were happy with the car!!
When car arrived on Monday evening - we did not need to sign anything and we had a good few hours before the “Confirm Delivery” box showed up on our account!
Before this - we could not really complete setup of profiles and connect car to our IPhones (so that we can control car functions remotely and unlock/lock car with phone as you approach & leave it).
On Tuesday got car tinted - used a 99.5% heat rejection good quality tint - as the car uses a heat pump for AC and therefore need to take care of electricity usage to keep it cool in the summer.
Had the roof section above front driver/passenger tinted - but did not bother with the roof section above passenger cabin that goes down to bottom of rear window.
Used 50% tints and in hindsight this might be too dark - get horrible reflections of dashboard on side windows that makes it very difficult to see side mirrors when sun is at front/side of car.
May change these to 30%/40% over coming months and may also add tint above passenger area next Spring - before the Summer heat arrives again!
Cheers
Steve
54A79450-33EE-4D75-893A-760CA085A648.jpeg
01B57ECD-DB01-40CE-A5E8-EB426C180A6C.jpeg

Hi,
After a few days driving in the UAE - one important thing that I found is that the speedometer is 100% accurate!
On our BMWX3M40i you set 143 on cruise control to do 139 real speed.
If you did that on the Tesla - a lot of tickets will come your way!
139 setting is 139 real speed!
The Autopilot can be set to any speed - but as soon as you set the automtatic lane keeping - max speed setting is 140 - but that is OK knowing that this is in fact the real speed you are travelling!
Cheers
Steve

• Love
Reactions: Max Salvato
I had an EDD Jan/Mar 2023. On the 20 Oct. I got an update to 25 Oct/8 Nov. On the 27 Oct, the EDD became 3 Nov/18 Nov.
When you get close to the date, Tesla will send an email with the steps.

This is the mail content:
Hi,
I also received a similar email today morning. P.S. we opted for completing the payment in full cash.
We are pretty worried about the 7-day window(they're asking us to do so by 10th November) for paying the cash in full amount and were wondering whether we could delay the timeline for making the payment at all? It does say in the email that if I didn't make the payment before then, they would reassign my VIN to someone else😱

Hi,
I also received a similar email today morning. P.S. we opted for completing the payment in full cash.
We are pretty worried about the 7-day window(they're asking us to do so by 10th November) for paying the cash in full amount and were wondering whether we could delay the timeline for making the payment at all? It does say in the email that if I didn't make the payment before then, they would reassign my VIN to someone else😱
So many people we know are waiting for cars here - they seem to be pretty mercenary on their payment terms!
No payment on their terms - your car gets assigned to somebody else in the queue - perhaps!!!

HI,
We had same email as you with the vague & conflicting instructions!
This all happened over past few weeks and we got our M3P delivered by truck from Jebel Ali to Abu Dhabi on Monday.
We financed our car through Emirates NBD and paid our 20% deposit about 2 weeks before we got the car.
We received the VIN number a few days later - but this was not enough for Emirates NBD to complete the finance documentation.
For that we needed to receive and pass on the copy of the VCC - which is issued by UAE when car has arrived at port (or maybe nearly arrived!)
We got car insured (pleasantly surprised at how reasonable insurance cost was!) on 21st October and sent copy of document to the Tesla UAE email account.
Even though we sent this - noticed that the Tesla online account asked for copy to be uploaded.
We phoned Tesla UAE on a near daily basis to get updates and to hassle them for confirmed delivery date!
Car was registered last Friday and I had to go to the Abu Dhabi traffic department to collect the number plates on Monday morning.
Car had the usual clip on plate frames already fitted - so took a few seconds to unclip the frame and put plates on when it arrived!
We were given the name of our delivery advisor- but never got to speak with her until she rang yesterday to check whether we were happy with the car!!
When car arrived on Monday evening - we did not need to sign anything and we had a good few hours before the “Confirm Delivery” box showed up on our account!
Before this - we could not really complete setup of profiles and connect car to our IPhones (so that we can control car functions remotely and unlock/lock car with phone as you approach & leave it).
On Tuesday got car tinted - used a 99.5% heat rejection good quality tint - as the car uses a heat pump for AC and therefore need to take care of electricity usage to keep it cool in the summer.
Had the roof section above front driver/passenger tinted - but did not bother with the roof section above passenger cabin that goes down to bottom of rear window.
Used 50% tints and in hindsight this might be too dark - get horrible reflections of dashboard on side windows that makes it very difficult to see side mirrors when sun is at front/side of car.
May change these to 30%/40% over coming months and may also add tint above passenger area next Spring - before the Summer heat arrives again!
Cheers
Steve
View attachment 870513View attachment 870514
CONGRATS MAN! Happy to see you got your M3P on Monday! How is it to drive your Tesla finally!?

Ok, this is what happened to me:
- Shared all documents with Emirates NBD last 22 Oct. No VIN was still available, couldn't verify if it was 2022 or 2023 model and Tesla was not answering the phone and emails.
- Got the pre-approval (Letter of Intent) on 27 Oct (Diwali slowed the process) and shared immediately to Tesla by email.
- 28 Oct I made the downpayment, after talking at the phone with Tesla. During the call I was informed that my Tesla Advisor was Elsa and got an email from TeslaUAE with Elsa in CC.
- 1 Nov I received an SMS from Tesla saying my VCC was available (and finally saw my VIN). I forwarded the VCC to ENBD.
- 2 Nov I went to Dubai to meet with ENBD, sign papers and give 2 cheques (processing fee + security cheque).
- 3 Nov I got the final LPO and shared it with insurance company. Late afternoon I got a message from AUH_Traffic that a vehicle mortgage on my traffic number has been received.
... to be continued ... 😂

Reactions: SteveM3Perf
CONGRATS MAN! Happy to see you got your M3P on Monday! How is it to drive your Tesla finally!?

Ok, this is what happened to me:
- Shared all documents with Emirates NBD last 22 Oct. No VIN was still available, couldn't verify if it was 2022 or 2023 model and Tesla was not answering the phone and emails.
- Got the pre-approval (Letter of Intent) on 27 Oct (Diwali slowed the process) and shared immediately to Tesla by email.
- 28 Oct I made the downpayment, after talking at the phone with Tesla. During the call I was informed that my Tesla Advisor was Elsa and got an email from TeslaUAE with Elsa in CC.
- 1 Nov I received an SMS from Tesla saying my VCC was available (and finally saw my VIN). I forwarded the VCC to ENBD.
- 2 Nov I went to Dubai to meet with ENBD, sign papers and give 2 cheques (processing fee + security cheque).
- 3 Nov I got the final LPO and shared it with insurance company. Late afternoon I got a message from AUH_Traffic that a vehicle mortgage on my traffic number has been received.
... to be continued ... 😂
Sounds very familiar!
Now you need to pickup the number plates - we collected ours from the big traffic department at Muroor - from inside the big silver ITC (or ICT!) building - not the building attached to the test lanes.
Plates are collected from just inside on right hand side - they were already made.
Our car is a 2023 model year from the VIN - but it does have Ultrasonic sensors fitted.
So far - very impressed with the car - drives & handles better than the Audi TTS that it replaced.
It is just so ridiculously fast - you have to be very careful around other vehicles!
Cheers
Steve

Reactions: Max Salvato
Sounds very familiar!
Now you need to pickup the number plates - we collected ours from the big traffic department at Muroor - from inside the big silver ITC (or ICT!) building - not the building attached to the test lanes.
Plates are collected from just inside on right hand side - they were already made.
Our car is a 2023 model year from the VIN - but it does have Ultrasonic sensors fitted.
So far - very impressed with the car - drives & handles better than the Audi TTS that it replaced.
It is just so ridiculously fast - you have to be very careful around other vehicles!
Cheers
Steve
My Tesla Advisor didn't mention this. Only delivery confirmed for Tuesday 8 in the late afternoon. I guess they are going to pick up the plates