Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 UI Wish List

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am surprised nobody mentioned moving the Nav directions to the left of the screen

I haven't used NAV much yet. I guess what I want is just for the next turn to show clearly at the top, and leave the directions list on the right so the map itself is closer to me. But it does seem to do a good job of highlighting the next turn, so I guess I prefer the placement as it is.

How about fan on the right scroll wheel unless TACC or AP are engaged and then it defaults to distance and speed?

That would be okay, though I use use Auto for climate control. I'd rather have the wheel used for temperature than for fan speed. With it set on Auto it's only the temperature I might want to change.

In regard to the HVAC screen, I wish the selections you make (other than basic) would remain. My biggest complaint is the airflow to the rear passengers has to be manually selected each time the car is restarted. I would like that to remain were I set it last as I almost always have a rear passenger.

Reactions: xwilsonx25
In regard to the HVAC screen, I wish the selections you make (other than basic) would remain. My biggest complaint is the airflow to the rear passengers has to be manually selected each time the car is restarted. I would like that to remain were I set it last as I almost always have a rear passenger.

I've been under the impression that if a rear passenger is detected the vent is activated.

another request:

Add the ability to have a bluetooth device as a favorite audio source, just like the streaming stations. I shouldn't need to tap music, tap the arrow, tap the phone, then tap the arrow again to switch to my phone as an audio source and then have the map be displayed again.

• Love
Reactions: jsmay311
1) Enable wifi -- it is in the car and enabled at the service center. We have poor cell coverage at our house, so I need to sit out in front of the AT&T store to do firmware upgrades on my M3.
2) Labels on the slacker music favorites (like on S/X). Most streaming stations just have random album art that gives no real indication of the station.
3) Air vent position settings saved to profile
4) Phone Key to profile association. If my phone unlocks the car then it should set to my profile. If my wife's unlocks set to hers.
5) Apple Car Play

Tesla is awesome at continuing to improve their vehicles with every build.

1) Enable wifi -- it is in the car and enabled at the service center. We have poor cell coverage at our house, so I need to sit out in front of the AT&T store to do firmware upgrades on my M3.

^ This!!! I don't need to go to an AT&T store, but I generally have no cell coverage from AT&T while in my garage. (My phone, on Verizon, has 5 bars!) Enable wi-fi!!!

another request:

Add the ability to have a bluetooth device as a favorite audio source, just like the streaming stations. I shouldn't need to tap music, tap the arrow, tap the phone, then tap the arrow again to switch to my phone as an audio source and then have the map be displayed again.

Hey guys - new Model 3 owner as of last month, and first post here. I've searched this forum and other sources, and have not been able to determine definitively whether the above scenario has been addressed by Tesla in any recent updates.

I am an Apple Music/Spotify user and prefer to listen on my iPhone X via Bluetooth over Slacker radio. I'm wondering whether there are any shortcuts available to switch from listening to Slacker to selecting Bluetooth/my iPhone as the audio source?

When I have Bluetooth/iPhone selected as the audio source, and then use the right steering wheel button voice commands to "Play Song X", the audio source automatically switches from Bluetooth/iPhone to Slacker, plays the song, and then continues on to the next songs(s). Is there a way to do the same thing, but to go from Slacker into Bluetooth/iPhone via a voice command or other shortcut to describe the series of taps listed below?

Thanks all!

Hey guys - new Model 3 owner as of last month, and first post here. I've searched this forum and other sources, and have not been able to determine definitively whether the above scenario has been addressed by Tesla in any recent updates.

I am an Apple Music/Spotify user and prefer to listen on my iPhone X via Bluetooth over Slacker radio. I'm wondering whether there are any shortcuts available to switch from listening to Slacker to selecting Bluetooth/my iPhone as the audio source?

When I have Bluetooth/iPhone selected as the audio source, and then use the right steering wheel button voice commands to "Play Song X", the audio source automatically switches from Bluetooth/iPhone to Slacker, plays the song, and then continues on to the next songs(s). Is there a way to do the same thing, but to go from Slacker into Bluetooth/iPhone via a voice command or other shortcut to describe the series of taps listed below?

Thanks all!

Don't think so... I think the voice command integration with music is only with Slacker. BT connection requires selecting the phone input on the screen. I'm not an iPhone user, so maybe I'm totally off base here, but perhaps the workaround is to keep it on phone/BT and use Siri and control your phone, leaving the car as just a glorified BT speaker.

Don't think so... I think the voice command integration with music is only with Slacker. BT connection requires selecting the phone input on the screen. I'm not an iPhone user, so maybe I'm totally off base here, but perhaps the workaround is to keep it on phone/BT and use Siri and control your phone, leaving the car as just a glorified BT speaker.

Thank you for the reply. So long as you keep it on BT all the time, I think what you proposed works. I'll pay more attention, but I believe that when I'm using BT and leave the car, when I get back in the next time the audio source is still BT and I'm a phone button push/Siri command away from playing music or podcasts or whatever through the phone/BT, with no further action needed on the Tesla screen.

But I do listen to Slacker sometimes and it's those times where I'm switched over to to Slacker audio source and want to easily get back to the Phone source that's annoying me.