Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 UI Wish List

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some features I'd like to see added or updated (some have already been mentioned) :
  • Pop Up view of Song/Artist when you advance to the next track using the scroll wheel when the Music menu is hidden.
  • Audio mix level preferences so you can save a mix arrangement for various types of music (for example I change the mix depending on live recording vs. studio recording and for different genres)
  • Move the Clock (and Outside Temp) to the top left of the screen.
  • Add a Weather App
  • Enable Sirius/XM Satellite Radio
  • Add a chime when using the blinker stalk to change lanes when in Auto Steer mode. Currently its hard to tell if it "takes" or not. Often I have to toggle the stalk more than once because it didn't take on the first try... that's fine but I want a better indication that its going to happen.
  • Lane departure steering wheel vibration is too week. It feels like road vibration. Make the vibration more pronounced.
  • Fix the Back Up Camera, the image is too dark
  • Ability to adjust fan speed with right scroll wheel (like on the S & X)
  • Add a Energy Consumption App (like on the S & X)
  • Enable Scheduled Charging
Oh, and enable full self driving ASAP but I think that goes without saying.

Not complaining though, I am in love with this car!

• Funny
Reactions: Akikiki
My biggest wish is for touchscreen controls to be larger. It is so hard to make precision taps when the road isn't smooth. I've seen the autopilot speed adust as just tiny buttons denoted with + and - . What would be better is if you tapped that general area, and a modal window appeared with giant + and - buttons, so you could adjust without even looking. This same concept could apply for the S/X UIs as well. If I want to adjust cabin temp, I just tap the current temp area, and a giant modal appears with large up/down chevrons. Modals either disappear after a few seconds of inactivity, or they can actively be closed by tapping outside of the modal area.

Scheduled charging works fine in 50.11.

Backup camera also seems fine in 50.11? I didn't get to use an earlier version though.

Right now I'm waiting most for Wi-Fi and Summon. My LTE signal at home is unusable in the garage, and my garage is also a fairly tight squeeze.

My garage is clearly the problem here… :D

+1 on autopilot range adjustment, perhaps click right / left on right scroll wheel. Can’t imagine needing scroll wheel for that often. Perhaps have right scroll wheel do speed for TACC/autopilot?

Need to fix bug that shows Nav directions underneath music page, ie have music full screen and you don’t get visual Nav prompts overlaid.

Surprised the lack of energy saving / always connected (as per manual) not mentioned. Hoping soon. Lack of always connected connectivity is driving me nuts when parked.

Also, the elephant in the room. browser... browser.. for the love of any deity. While doing that please give us gps updates in real time for browser refresh and then teslawaze will be primary driving screen :)

And a pony... ? Helps if I say please?

Reactions: bollar and xhawk101
When navigating, enabling the display of super chargers replaces nav instructions with the list of chargers near by - don't need that, just need to see them on the map. You can touch the supercharger icon on the map if needed; leave the nav instructions up please ;) Also move them to the left side of the map so the (human) driver can see them! :)

Reactions: dhrivnak
+1 on autopilot range adjustment, perhaps click right / left on right scroll wheel. Can’t imagine needing scroll wheel for that often. Perhaps have right scroll wheel do speed for TACC/autopilot?

Need to fix bug that shows Nav directions underneath music page, ie have music full screen and you don’t get visual Nav prompts overlaid.

Surprised the lack of energy saving / always connected (as per manual) not mentioned. Hoping soon. Lack of always connected connectivity is driving me nuts when parked.

Also, the elephant in the room. browser... browser.. for the love of any deity. While doing that please give us gps updates in real time for browser refresh and then teslawaze will be primary driving screen :)

And a pony... ? Helps if I say please?
I guess it DOES help if you say please ;)

Autopilot adjustments on right scroll wheel exactly as suggested - done ✅

and.... move the temperature and clock to the left side of the screen in the white area above the Park/Drive/Reverse symbol. This would put the temp. and clock near the battery status icon, so everything you need to repeatedly look at while driving is all in one place. Also, the current location for time/temp on the far right with the navigation map behind it is really hard to see... for me.

Edit: OP already said this :D

Reactions: pilotSteve
Some features I'd like to see added or updated (some have already been mentioned) :
  • Move the Clock (and Outside Temp) to the top left of the screen.
YES!!!

• Ability to adjust fan speed with right scroll wheel (like on the S & X)
NO!!! The right scroll wheel needs to be for AP follow distance and TACC set speed. (Reportedly coming in the next update, as noted by MikeBur above.)

Not sure if this would be considered a UI issue or not:

The car needs to remember that my last-used audio source was the USB jump drive. At present, sometimes it remembers and sometimes it does not. This is annoying.

YES!!!

NO!!! The right scroll wheel needs to be for AP follow distance and TACC set speed. (Reportedly coming in the next update, as noted by MikeBur above.)

Not sure if this would be considered a UI issue or not:

The car needs to remember that my last-used audio source was the USB jump drive. At present, sometimes it remembers and sometimes it does not. This is annoying.

How about fan on the right scroll wheel unless TACC or AP are engaged and then it defaults to distance and speed?