Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 UK Preorders!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey! I have just preordered a Model 3 from the UK site for UK delivery, i currently have a model S but i live in the states at the moment. (Planning on immigrating in Spring). Just looking to see who all has preordered and if you are previous owners or not?!

Hi Dustin,

We ordered 17 days after the reveal as we wanted to drive the S before we committed to buying as we'd never driven an EV before. We were about to push the button on a new Audi RS3 sportback but when we'd optioned it the price was coming close to £53k which seemed far too much. We have decided to keep the money in the bank and wait for the Model 3 instead - hope its worth the wait!

I'd keep saving in dollars for your car though as the £-$ exchange rate is likely to continue to fall post Brexit.

@DustinDep I ordered just before the reveal early morning hours UK time on 01/04. I agree with @Chopper that best to keep your $$ saved. I am saving-up my employee stock in $ to convert to £ in two years time.

Model S is a great car but I just cannot justify spending that much. Even if I did, I am quite certain when the novelty wears off, I will start to feel guilty spending premium on regular maintenance, new tires, insurance, etc.

On the contrary, I reckon the Model 3 is just right for me and I plan to option it till the UK £40k tax threshold. Highest on my priority list is All wheel drive and Winter package but will consider a larger battery if it stays below the tax threshold. What I am really hoping is that by 2 years time, either the tax threshold would have been raised or the £ would not have dropped too far down otherwise all my plans go down the drain.

Also the following threads might be of use:

UK Model 3 reservation holders - questions and considerations

Realistic UK model 3 delivery expectations?

Last edited:
Another UK reservation holder here. Currently drive an Outlander PHEV and a Porsche 911. The Tesla 3 will replace the outlander, eventually.
A new supercharger station has just been opened only 2 miles from my house, so I expect to see a few more Teslas around.

I'm in Mansfield UK, I preordered mine on day 2.
Just had a call from Tesla today regarding a test drive I asked for in a model s. I was surprised by the nature of the call as the person on the phone was basically saying she could not book in a test drive for a Ms for a me as I was going to buy a model 3. I ended up saying I might buy a Ms in the meantime just to get the testdrive

I'm in Mansfield UK, I preordered mine on day 2.
Just had a call from Tesla today regarding a test drive I asked for in a model s. I was surprised by the nature of the call as the person on the phone was basically saying she could not book in a test drive for a Ms for a me as I was going to buy a model 3. I ended up saying I might buy a Ms in the meantime just to get the testdrive

I had the same call when I tried to get a MS test drive, but I'm not too fussed and I understand where they're coming from. I'd like to experience a Tesla just to get a taste of what I'll have with my 3, but if I have to wait until they have some 3s built, then so be it.

Anyone noticed the Model 3 page now says RHD production in 2019 whereas it used to be RHD deliveries starting in 2019. Instead it now says International LHD deliveries start in 2019. It's been a 2 year wait so far, looks like there might be another 2 years for RHD.