Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 UK Radio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been looking for information regarding the radio in the UK M3 but haven’t really found any info online that is definitive.

Now that people are starting to get their hands on more of them can somebody answer the question on what is available on the radio side?

AM, FM, DAB, streaming?

Thanks

Think @BubblegumPete checked this. It’s got DAB, FM and Spotify and the usual Bluetooth. Note Spotify is not currently on SR+ model but can be used via Bluetooth/mobile as normal.
Yep like DB says it's got those three options. I was having a ton of issues with my spotify, well I say a ton what I actually mean is that it would play for about 5 seconds and then cut out. I thought I was just in poor signal areas but it turns out it was just one of the many issues connected to one core problem that turned out to be the ECU of the car. It was in service for two and half weeks. I got it back on Monday and it's been great ever since. Spotify still cuts out sometimes but compared to what it was like it's miles better.

Reactions: Roy W. and Jez013
@BubblegumPete What's the FM and DAB radio like?
It's hard to comment at the moment because for the first two and half weeks of having the car it had issues due to the ECU problem mentioned above. DAB radio would constantly crash out or the sound would turn to digital gibberish and FM was no better. I've only had the car back two days and today it's in being wrapped so not had a chance to use the FM or DAB. I get the car back on Friday and have a long drive that night so will test it all then and report back.

Reactions: -DB- and RjbT3
@BubblegumPete Please let us know your experience with the wrap.
Will do. I recored a video this morning when I went in and they were very kind to go through the procedure with me. Was also cool to see a very nice lambo there. It would be cool to actually record them putting the wrap on but they're doing that tomorrow and I'm out all day. The company is called Creative FX and they've got a good reputation so hopefully it comes out well. Funny the 400 grand rare lambo is the 10th one they've done where as my Model 3 is the only one they've done so far :)
I'll try and post up the video later this week on my channel Tesla me and my model 3.

• Helpful
Reactions: -DB-
Just out of interest what is being wrapped, is it a clear PPF over the whole car?
Also how much do they charge?
When I get my car I'm thinking of getting the front bumper, headlights and possibly bonnet

If you are getting that done, especially if you have black (its the softest paint), may be worth getting sills (below doors) done too. You should be OK around London, but some evidence of paint suffering around sill areas when cars driven in areas where surface is gritty - ie may become an issue in UK in winter.

Will do. I recored a video this morning when I went in and they were very kind to go through the procedure with me. Was also cool to see a very nice lambo there. It would be cool to actually record them putting the wrap on but they're doing that tomorrow and I'm out all day. The company is called Creative FX and they've got a good reputation so hopefully it comes out well. Funny the 400 grand rare lambo is the 10th one they've done where as my Model 3 is the only one they've done so far :)
I'll try and post up the video later this week on my channel Tesla me and my model 3.

I'd just been in and had a look (this-morning) before I spotted your post here.. I work next door to them :)

Just out of interest what is being wrapped, is it a clear PPF over the whole car?
Also how much do they charge?
When I get my car I'm thinking of getting the front bumper, headlights and possibly bonnet

Hi Rajanm. I'm getting the whole car wrapped in clear PPF which I think is a good idea as I already have a very small chip in the lower front door. They use Xpel which apparently is the best on the market...although I guess they're going to say that. But I think Creative FX are one of the best car protection firms in Kent so I don't think they'd use shoddy materials.

Total cost excluding VAT is going to be £2550 but if you just want front end: Bumpers, bonnet, wings, mirrors, lights and pillars it's £1150 excluding VAT. Or they can do front end and sides for £1950