Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 UK reservation holders

Teslas in the UK

• I own a Model S in the UK

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I own a Model X in the UK

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I have a Model 3 reserved in the UK

Votes: 50 64.1%
  • I hope to own a Tesla one day in the UK

Votes: 12 15.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
31st March 2016 reservationists here. Ideally I’d like the Model 3 with standard battery, maybe AWD, red or blue and with the 19” sport alloys.

Non Tesla owner but hoping to be in the first batch shipped over for the RHD orders.
Hi EV Guy
I have a Zoe too!! I assume you are in ZEOC? I have agonised test driven a Model S- looked at all the options, new, second hand- but the reality is the Cost, the size of the M3 suits our small country lanes and drive!! also I get the impression that the visibility is much better looking in drivers mirror in M3 and 310 miles etc! The AWD apart from less wear and tear also will give Air suspension and better regeneration( I think?) I am sure you will be in the first batch for RHD- it would be fabulous if it could be in 12m from now- Tesla are increasing the output so who knows? fingers crossed... Looking round the market I just cannot see anything else that lights my fire!!

Reactions: EV Guy
I couldn't wait until 2020 so I got a model s but glad I waited 1 year as it was originally a 60 kw rear drive I could only afford and now I have a 75 D for not much more money plus faster 0-60 in 4 secs. But admit I still like the idea of a cheaper and smaller tesla.

Reactions: Leo UK
I couldn't wait until 2020 so I got a model s but glad I waited 1 year as it was originally a 60 kw rear drive I could only afford and now I have a 75 D for not much more money plus faster 0-60 in 4 secs. But admit I still like the idea of a cheaper and smaller tesla.
Did you buy your Tesla this year ? I would but unsure how sellable it would be when M3's start hitting the market ( ie a new M3 not much more than a second hand S ) I really wanted an S and am sure you will love it .. I guess for us it would only have been a stop-gap though and thats the problem for many i presume..?

Bought Nov 17.
No regrets so far.
It was and still is a massive amount of money for me.
Free supercharging and improved 0-60 in 4 secs plus AWD swayed it for me in the end.
Not sure if model 3 will harm or help model s values .
Only fly in the ointment is the luxury vehicles tax. £310 in Nov 18.

Hi EV Guy
I have a Zoe too!! I assume you are in ZEOC? I have agonised test driven a Model S- looked at all the options, new, second hand- but the reality is the Cost, the size of the M3 suits our small country lanes and drive!! also I get the impression that the visibility is much better looking in drivers mirror in M3 and 310 miles etc! The AWD apart from less wear and tear also will give Air suspension and better regeneration( I think?) I am sure you will be in the first batch for RHD- it would be fabulous if it could be in 12m from now- Tesla are increasing the output so who knows? fingers crossed... Looking round the market I just cannot see anything else that lights my fire!!

Hi Leo, in RZOC and a Zoe owner for five years end of August. So looking forward to Model 3 and was lucky enough to get a reply on Twitter from Elon Musk this week on the RHD version saying probably mid next year.
Electric Vehicle Guy on Twitter

Reactions: Leo UK and Penfold
Similar story here was told if your an early reservation you should have it by the summer if reserving now then it will be 2020.

Personally I don’t buy that last point as a number of the reservation holders will want the short range etc so if I reserved now and wanted a performance M3 I’m sure I’d get it this year...

But don’t worry I’m not, I’m waiting for the MY

Personally I don’t buy that last point as a number of the reservation holders will want the short range etc so if I reserved now and wanted a performance M3 I’m sure I’d get it this year...

Totally agree and this is what must have happened in the US. Availability has been a lot better than I expected. I do have an M3 reservation as it happens, but I don't think it's worth very much. But maybe it's actually more useful for those waiting for a base model as demand for that will be much higher at the lower price point.

Really interesting spreadsheet being maintained on European orders. Estimated at around 15,000 now. Seems quite low to me. Hopefully means we might get a RHD version sooner rather than later.

The update in the delivery numbers depressed me a little though, “later” in 2019 is rather vague.

Similar story here was told if your an early reservation you should have it by the summer if reserving now then it will be 2020.

But don’t worry I’m not, I’m waiting for the MY
I am sure you are right, not too long to wait now and we find out

Really interesting spreadsheet being maintained on European orders. Estimated at around 15,000 now. Seems quite low to me. Hopefully means we might get a RHD version sooner rather than later.

The update in the delivery numbers depressed me a little though, “later” in 2019 is rather vague.
Yes Tesla might fulfil those orders quite quickly and will want to tap into RHD market at the high end sooner rather than later!

It was good to see a pic recently of RHD model 3’s being tested in the wild.
I wonder how soon they will start shipping LHD LR RWD to Europe? Hopefully by the time they ship RHD to UK and other RHD countries they will have the new hardware chip automatically in the cars ipad/ screen computer.

Reactions: cizUK
It was good to see a pic recently of RHD model 3’s being tested in the wild.
I wonder how soon they will start shipping LHD LR RWD to Europe? Hopefully by the time they ship RHD to UK and other RHD countries they will have the new hardware chip automatically in the cars ipad/ screen computer.

Would you mind explaining what new hardware chip youre talking about? because if thats the case I would rather wait until they ship out the cars with the new hardware.