Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Unveiling and Reservation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Done
ch6xu5K.jpg

Congrats! Signature already updated too :)

Reactions: houdini
Sam & Shandra - Timestamped 8.06 am AEST about 6 minutes after signing on the dotted line. First in the world.

Congrats to them. I had a good chat to them last night when supercharging, really nice couple. I'm sure will love their Model 3

I reserved 2 model 3's. Reservation numbers:

RN1000808xx
RN1000077xx

Big difference in numbers. Both were ordered on the same page, you simply selected 1 or 2 vehicles in the dropdown box. I'm guessing one is priority for existing Tesla customers, and the other is in the general reservation queue.

I arrived at about 7:45am at St Leonards, and was in my office by 9am. Smooth experience, staff were friendly and clearly excited as was everyone in the line. Muffins and coffees served to those waiting. I was probably about 50th in line and the line doubled while I was there but once the doors opened they were moving quickly.

Now to wait two years before it arrives.

Reservation number suggests that despite being in the first few in the world to reserve in store there are some tens of thousands already reserved.

For reference, the stores opened in Sydney and Melbourne at 8am Thursday Australian Eastern Standard Time which in California time was 2pm on Wednesday.

Well, all their staff have dibs before customers. The guy that signed me up this morning at St Leonards had already placed his reservation, so it's more than likely that we're all at least 1000 down the line in the queue. I was waiting since quite early this morning then had to leave for a work emergency about 15 minutes before opening! Much sadness...

i'd been pondering the insistance from tesla that you had to go to them to order rather than their traditional on-line approach. I couldn't see the gain for tesla in that, but now its obvious. Lots of free press about people queing for an un-seen car. Looks very good in the media for tesla.