Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Unveiling - March 31st!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I won 2 tickets to the unveiling 3/31. By all accounts it will not be a full unveiling and maybe just have a prototype, clay model or some pictures. Not sure it will be worth travelling to Fremont for that, but maybe I can be first to place a reservation?

I won 2 tickets to the unveiling 3/31. By all accounts it will not be a full unveiling and maybe just have a prototype, clay model or some pictures. Not sure it will be worth travelling to Fremont for that, but maybe I can be first to place a reservation?

Hi Reeler,

How did you get the tickets for 3/31 event?

Are these given to existing Tesla customers ?

Why do you say that? Is there some law against showing a prototype car at 10am? Apple always has it's product announcement events in the morning.
Well, Apple events are for the press/industry, not consumers. (Plus they are at 1 PM in the afternoon, world revolves around us haha). Tesla events are for fans and press, so it's usually after work hours. The MX event was very late at night (for EST) and I think I recall the D event being at night as well. So, while anything is possible, it doesn't fit with past Tesla style to unveil in the AM PST when fans can't attend.

Well, Apple events are for the press/industry, not consumers. (Plus they are at 1 PM in the afternoon, world revolves around us haha). Tesla events are for fans and press, so it's usually after work hours. The MX event was very late at night (for EST) and I think I recall the D event being at night as well. So, while anything is possible, it doesn't fit with past Tesla style to unveil in the AM PST when fans can't attend.

People are expecting thousands of customers to take the day off and line up at Tesla stores around the country, but a few dozen can't attend a morning event? I realize they don't usually do morning events, but I don't see how else it will work to do reservations and unveiling the same day as they have said they are going to do (unless it's simultaneous launch parties at each store with reservations afterwards).

If Tesla were to do a late event, I would imagine the stores would close regular service hours early and re-open for the people who want to do reservations. That should decrease chaos a bit if they chose to go with a later unveiling.
That wouldn't work for in-mall stores, which can't open when the main mall is closed (no one can get into the building to get to the store).

Personally, this is probably going to play out one of two ways for me. The tease/reveal/photo/rendering will be compelling enough that I'll want to put a deposit down on-the-spot. If it's too vague and non-committal, I will either get a Bolt next fall, or hang on to my Sonata for another 18-24 months, and hold out for a 3 when there are more details or walk-in availability. Not sure which way I'll fall.

Personally, this is probably going to play out one of two ways for me. The tease/reveal/photo/rendering will be compelling enough that I'll want to put a deposit down on-the-spot. If it's too vague and non-committal, I will either get a Bolt next fall, or hang on to my Sonata for another 18-24 months, and hold out for a 3 when there are more details or walk-in availability. Not sure which way I'll fall.

I think driving a Bolt for several years while we wait for the Model 3 is the way to go. The Tesla will probably be better, but you need to drive something in the mean time.