Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 update issue - American import to Lithuania

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone.

I Hope someone can help with this issue my friend has with his model 3 standard range… The car was originally from America but has been imported to Lithuania where he purchased it. He is trying to update the car but gets to a field where it says ‘vehicle name does not match, please try again later’.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Ben

Attachments

• 4CE8A28A-84EF-4649-99FC-5B203BA75F9C.jpeg
    4CE8A28A-84EF-4649-99FC-5B203BA75F9C.jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 198
The same problem, a car from America cannot be linked to an account, neither through the site, nor through the application, I tried to do this about 20 times already, all without success.
Tesla mail does not work, some are not served, some are silence.
The car of the future, but it has such problems, I understand that they are single, but still unpleasant, help anyone who has encountered this problem
Tesla model s p85+ 2013
Connected to the network (tried through vpn)
Updates are downloaded automatically, rebooting the phone and auto did not give a result
Reinstalling the app didn't work.
From me to the nearest Tesla service more than 2000 km....

There are shops scattered across the post-Soviet block countries which cater to such local imports of Americas-region Teslas.

They do everything from helping get updates going to switching to EU/EMEA region maps, and a plethora of slightly to deeply shady services (like replacing the American charge-ports and on-board charging setup to European spec, jailbraking the cars, restoring supercharging ability on cross-the-pond salavaged and elsewhere blacklisted cars, etc)

Your friend should look for these shops in Belarus, Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic and I assume there must be some in Lithuania too.