Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Updated to 2019.15.105

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after two attempts to get the service center to update the software on my Model 3, they finally pushed what they consider to be the latest software update for my Model 3: 2019.15.105. It was previously on 2019.14.xxx.

The service center also claimed that my car is still on the “Factory Firmware” (I took delivery on June 30, 2019) and that the next update I will be eligible for will be “2019.28”, which will happen “in the coming months”. They also claimed that once I get the .28 update, I will no longer be on the Factory Firmware and I will have, for example, the latest games like Beach Buggy, and implied that I will get updates sooner.

Anyway, below are the release notes with this update, though I didn’t notice anything noteworthy or actually changed. I Googled and could not find any more info on the 2019.15.105 update, or how it differs from what I was previously on. If anyone knows, feel free to chime in. Thanks!

24F52A14-3851-4D3A-A5B1-CB890293DAE8.jpeg

40D43860-196C-4D24-B6E0-E557071BCB40.jpeg

28A126C9-DDAA-4B0A-BF39-0EF2B719A669.jpeg

82A69EFE-40E2-4B5F-91FF-4CACCB3A652E.jpeg

28A5D1D9-FF81-426B-9597-842927D3C0C0.jpeg

Are there different software version for the US and the rest of the world?

I ask because to my knowledge I was never on anything like 2019.15.105.
I am currently on 2019.24.4, which was delivered two days ago.

The app on the phone (Android) was also updated recently (to 3.8.6), but I wish I hadn't gotten this one as since the update my Bluetooth connection to open/close/start the car doesn't work at all any more. It used to work almost completely flawlessly before.

So after two attempts to get the service center to update the software on my Model 3, they finally pushed what they consider to be the latest software update for my Model 3: 2019.15.105. It was previously on 2019.14.xxx.

The service center also claimed that my car is still on the “Factory Firmware” (I took delivery on June 30, 2019) and that the next update I will be eligible for will be “2019.28”, which will happen “in the coming months”. They also claimed that once I get the .28 update, I will no longer be on the Factory Firmware and I will have, for example, the latest games like Beach Buggy, and implied that I will get updates sooner.

Anyway, below are the release notes with this update, though I didn’t notice anything noteworthy or actually changed. I Googled and could not find any more info on the 2019.15.105 update, or how it differs from what I was previously on. If anyone knows, feel free to chime in. Thanks!

View attachment 436435

View attachment 436436

View attachment 436437

View attachment 436438

View attachment 436439

I Googled and could not find any more info on the 2019.15.105 update, or how it differs from what I was previously on. If anyone knows, feel free to chime in. Thanks!

Keep in mind that not every update is going to add a new feature or have a noticeable change in options or appearance. The majority of them are behind the scenes bug fixes and tweaks to EAP or other things you cannot actually see. Also, not everyone gets every release so the release notes are often repeated unless/until something new is actually added.

• Informative
Reactions: phaheem
I keep reading about HW 3.0. Would you please explain what that means?

Hardware version 3 which is a new version of the hardware which powers the tesla sensors / cameras etc. that version of the hardware came out in april or so of this year. Its the newest version of the hardware, and is faster, but its "different" than the previous hardware so tesla has been merging the code for both it appears.

There is nothing you can do to "force" firmware updates. Your car is earmarked for updates based on some internal criteria. Not all cars get all updates, and reading here, it seems that some subset of people with new teslas with hardware version 3 are on a different branch of software updates.

Think A to B testing. You will get it eventually. I know its frustrating but you will get it eventually.

There seems to be a block of HW3 cars that are staying on 2019.15 versions right now.

Not entirely sure why - some discussion on it in the 24.4 thread including a service center statement that they had stopped rolling 24.4 out because of bugs (but other versions of cars are definitely still getting 24.4 per TeslaFI.)

Oddly, it isn't all HW3 cars - I was delivered on 2019.15 two months ago but I've been with the rest of the fleet since, including 24.4 last week. It seems to work fine in my HW3 Raven X.

• Informative
My car is HW3 and it’s 2019.24.4 . I was having 2019.15 when I just picked my car ( June mid) . I guess all new model3 will get this update (2019.15), then it will update to the newest version (2019.24)

Got my Model 3 yesterday. I have been curious as to why it is on v2019.15.105 without an update. It is HW3 so that may play into it. I am curious about the "factory firmware" connection to the update. I guess it could be they want to leave the recently delivered vehicles on a highly stable version until the next release?