Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Updated to 2019.15.105

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got 28.2. Looks like they are pushing it out to the 15.105 customers. My New M3 is normally not plugged but it is always on WiFi when at home (like now). My MS is normally always plugged in and always on WiFi. Once I get another plug plan to keep the M3 plugged. Not sure it matters for updates. But wifi is important.

• Informative
Reactions: phaheem
What happens if you don’t have access to WiFi. Shouldn’t the LTE connection work? Do you get a message on your phone app indicating that an update is available?

The message that shows on the phone app telling you an update is available only appears after the car has downloaded and verified the update.

With the S and X, Tesla will eventually push updates over LTE, but not for several days or weeks after they push it to the cars that are on Wi-Fi. I think you only get them over LTE with a 3 if you have the premium connectivity, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

The message that shows on the phone app telling you an update is available only appears after the car has downloaded and verified the update.

With the S and X, Tesla will eventually push updates over LTE, but not for several days or weeks after they push it to the cars that are on Wi-Fi. I think you only get them over LTE with a 3 if you have the premium connectivity, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

Good to know. Thanks!

I do have Premium connectivity. But it will be quicker over WiFi I assume! How long does it take to download, and then to install? Wonder if I should go to one of the delivery centers and use their WiFi (it’s about 10 mins from my work).

I do have Premium connectivity. But it will be quicker over WiFi I assume! How long does it take to download, and then to install? Wonder if I should go to one of the delivery centers and use their WiFi (it’s about 10 mins from my work).

It'll start sooner over Wi-Fi - a deliberate decision to reduce Tesla data costs.

How fast the download is will depend on the connection, of course. I think the typical update is several hundred megs if I remember right.

Most updates claim they'll need around 25 minutes to install, including 28.2, but bigger ones need up to a couple hours.

Just got another update! (I was previously on 2019.28.2 320fba0.) Anyone know what the release notes are for this one?

357344CA-943C-4C3A-8EED-221238FF6840.jpeg

Last edited: