Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Upgrade Incoming?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jason71

May 8, 2019
Shropshire
Reports are coming out of China that the MIC M3 is about to get:
New steering wheel
New Center console
New headlights and tail lights
Power lift trunk
Chrome delete
Octovalve
Double layer glass for better noise isolation

Would explain the new frunk liner. I wonder when we will get this if true. Bit of a dilemma for those thinking of ordering....

Teslarati: Tesla Model 3 poised for power liftgate, center console upgrade, new ‘frunk,’ and more.
Tesla Model 3 poised for power liftgate, center console upgrade, new 'frunk,' and more

I don't get a lot of noise from my glass roof. Most of the noise I get is road noise from the tires.

It would be great if instead of making a double glass roof they gave us the option to not have a glass roof. I would rather have a reg roof with sunroof that opens.

I miss the sunroof from my older cars. I had a Model S loaner last week with one and it was lovely.

Reactions: P3dStealth
As far as tech is concerned the only good time to buy is now. There will always be something around the corner.

As mentioned above while some of those things will be desireable, they’re not really going to change the driving experience, and for current owners is hardly going to be a reason to change.

I was in this situation. I’d pretty much decided on a Tesla, but should I wait a year with my current car out of warranty, and get a Y with the opening boot and heat pump or get a M3LR at the end of the year, possibly with improvements that have been rumoured since the Y came out.

in the end I did neither. There are some inventory M3P cars with a discount on them, so I ordered a white / white yesterday, the same spec as a recent test drive.

I bet the new center console is just the option to not get piano black. I am sure they noticed a lot of people wrap it.

It's kind of funny the power trunk is such a big deal. I open and close my trunk in a second. Don't think I've ever said man that was hard wish I had a power trunk.
People even put the close button on the trunk hatch... You could just pull the hatch down you already reached it.

Chrome delete is a nice option. Some people like it some people don't.

I actually like the darker taillights. Not the upgraded.

The ocotovalve makes sense. The Y has it.

Last edited:
None of those things will really make much impact on the Tesla ownership experience.

Are Model 3's being delivered to England coming from China or USA?

Lots of talk from various sources that China will be supplying European Model 3's, as well as NZ and Australia this Q4:
Tesla plans to export China-made Model 3s to Asia and Europe, say sources

Tesla to export Model 3 made-in-China cars, something Elon Musk said they wouldn't do - Electrek

Nothing 100%, so it looks like we'll be waiting until Tuesday!

Lots of talk from various sources that China will be supplying European Model 3's, as well as NZ and Australia this Q4:
Tesla plans to export China-made Model 3s to Asia and Europe, say sources

Tesla to export Model 3 made-in-China cars, something Elon Musk said they wouldn't do - Electrek

Nothing 100%, so it looks like we'll be waiting until Tuesday!
As far as I know China does not build RHD right now so even if MIC M3's come to Europe UK may be excluded to begin with. They did mention Australia and New Zealand though so presumably MIC RHD is on the cards

• Informative
Reactions: Arran