Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3: US deliveries suspended til Q4?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think they are holding US deliveries until 10k production.

Shifting US deliveries to Q4 would only make sense if US deliveries would reach 200k (early) in that quarter.

Assuming weekly production at 5k from Q3 and reaching 10k from Q4 would then allow for an additional 60k US deliveries with the full federal tax credit. It would however also require basically zero US deliveries during all of Q3, which seems somewhere between suicidal and impossible.

A few days ago, my reservation (for LR, not AWD/P) was showing 3-6 weeks. Then (yesterday?) the day they updated P pricing and added the new paint color it went to 3-5 months. I just went ahead and configured today and it shows my expected window to be Sept - Nov. If it even still matters any more, I was a line waiter and something like 140ish in line at my local Gallery (though the timing was about 2.5 hours after opening in my timezone).

A few days ago, my reservation (for LR, not AWD/P) was showing 3-6 weeks. Then (yesterday?) the day they updated P pricing and added the new paint color it went to 3-5 months. I just went ahead and configured today and it shows my expected window to be Sept - Nov. If it even still matters any more, I was a line waiter and something like 140ish in line at my local Gallery (though the timing was about 2.5 hours after opening in my timezone).

Yes , this is what made me think this.

10k for 12 weeks is 120k. Next quarter another 120k.

It would collect some, not all, of the price sensitive reservation holders.

My educated guess is ~no~ US Teslas in Q3.

Educated guess you say? How do you explain my quote of 2-4 months? 66% chance of being delivered in Q3.

Fair enough. Drunk systems analyst here. All things are systems.

Max volume delivery requires 10k a week. They are not near that right now.

Our delivery estimates went from weeks, to a range that covers Q4.

So postponing the 200k car until October makes a lot of difference to financially sensitive buyers.

Educated guess you say? How do you explain my quote of 2-4 months? 66% chance of being delivered in Q3.

Fair enough. Drunk systems analyst here. All things are systems.

Max volume delivery requires 10k a week. They are not near that right now.

Our delivery estimates went from weeks, to a range that covers Q4.

So postponing the 200k car until October makes a lot of difference to financially sensitive buyers.

10K/week will not be possible until the end of Q4. Are you proposing they would postpone to Q1 2019 haha.

It's more than likely they are right at the border of 200k right now. They could have easily hit it in Q2 if they had wanted.

10K/week will not be possible until the end of Q4. Are you proposing they would postpone to Q1 2019 haha.

It's more than likely they are right at the border of 200k right now. They could have easily hit it in Q2 if they had wanted.

THAT is a good topic for discussion.

When they expect 10k production is my estimate for when they release the 200k car.

My hope is Q3 for 10k. Your estimate is also probable.