Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 VDC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It says in the Autoweek review that the LR Model 3 uses Bosch VDC but for the performance model they've developed their own. So, I guess we'll see if they've managed to do something that no one else has done!
It does say that they're transferring torque from side to side which I assume can only be done with the brakes unless it has electronically controlled differentials. There are a bunch of cars that do that but they've all performed poorly in aggressive driving (overheated brakes plus you're obviously losing power). Apparently McLaren does it on their cars successfully though.

• Disagree
Reactions: P85_DA and MP3Mike
It says in the Autoweek review that the LR Model 3 uses Bosch VDC but for the performance model they've developed their own.

No it doesn't say that. It says "Controlling all that power on its way to the wheels is a new vehicle dynamic control (VDC) system. Tesla no longer uses Bosch VDC but has instead made its own. Tesla says this allows engineers to more precisely tune the distribution of torque front and rear as well as side-to-side."

So they could have switched from Bosch on the S&X to their internal system on all Model 3s. (And the Tesla Semi and 2020 Roaster.) But we don't have enough details to know exactly.

No it doesn't say that. It says "Controlling all that power on its way to the wheels is a new vehicle dynamic control (VDC) system. Tesla no longer uses Bosch VDC but has instead made its own. Tesla says this allows engineers to more precisely tune the distribution of torque front and rear as well as side-to-side."

So they could have switched from Bosch on the S&X to their internal system on all Model 3s. (And the Tesla Semi and 2020 Roaster.) But we don't have enough details to know exactly.
Could be. Someone should open the hood and check. I'd think it would be mounted close to the ABS solenoids.