Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 versions drag race

Look carefully and you'll see the LR is a P-
Given the aim of this test, I very much doubt it was. It would have also matched the P off the line. The result looks like every other LR vs P drag test I've ever seen i.e. P getting a good jump from a standing start and then not much more. Even closer from a rolling start and nothing in it above 60 mph.

I suspect there will be a software upgrade along at some point to ensure the refresh P's performance is on a par with the pre-'21 cars.

Yes, the octovalve is currently programmed for economy - it sacrifices battery temperature for cabin temp - it should only do this in chill mode and in sport it should optimise for battery temperature.

Look for the M25 loop range test to see the benefit to range,

Reactions: pow216
Bjorn found similar in one of his tests https://youtu.be/N2s71w2W9UA basically the battery/heat pump management in the M3P is ultra-cautious compared to the old one which means as the battery goes down the performance is reduced by quite a bit. He speculates it needs a software update to fix it. By the end of the test at 10% the 2021 performance is about as fast as a Nissan Micra..

Last edited:
Look carefully and you'll see the LR is a P-

looks like some dodgy editing, however it does show that the P, IMO is not worth the extra over the LR

At first I too thought you had a good point, but as you say, Its just dodgy editing - first shot with red underline is a different car to the one raced

Not the raced car - the red underline is a Performance version
Not the raced car

The one actually raced - a totally different car to first shot as it has no underline so it a LR/AWD
1616855853137.png

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC