TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 VIN advice - 2018

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by dgyoungs, Feb 25, 2020.

1. dgyoungs

dgyoungs Member

I'm looking to purchase a used Model 3 (preferably long range) and read that if it's going to be 2018, to purchase anything with a VIN with the last six digits greater than 100000.

I read that Seat comfort, fit and finish, drive train, and other issues have been corrected over earlier builds.

Any truth to this?

2. strykeroz

strykeroz Member

I don't think there's a great deal of science in that number. Additionally I don't recall widespread issues regarding drivetrain nor seats but anything that would have stopped a car would have been remedied as they're under warranty. Like any 2nd hand car from any vendor, check the car out you're specifically looking at - I don't think sweeping generalisations will be helpful to you.

• Like x 1
  3. Silver Ghost

Silver Ghost Member

I also would check with Tesla, if auto pilot will have to be purchased separately and how much that would cost.