Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Vin Decoder Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering if anyone can assist with a question based on the VIN of my 22 plate M3 which I’m due to collect on Saturday.

For the 22 version am I getting the correct battery? The vin for character 7 is E which the decoder pulls up as ‘typically lithium ion’ but the list of cars it lists under that battery code all end in 2020. Does this indicate that I’m getting older battery tech or am I just interpreting it wrong.

I decided against a used 71 plate as I was hoping to get the slightly larger battery that the 22 had so just double checking that I’m actually getting it.

If it’s the vin decoder I think it is, (tesla-info and not teslatap) it only reports on cars it has in its database and they’re ones that have appeared used on the tesla website and so can be a year or so old. Tesla used to list new inventory with a correct vin which meant cars listed were bang up to date. It’s useful when looking at a used car but less so when looking at a new one. That said I thought that site had options to find out the battery? Either way, you can’t find the battery size from the vin.

Reactions: Rickster1978