Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 VIN53XX Delivery Fail - 1 hour notice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good news - new display came in; was installed and I took delivery at 4pm today. Drove it home and hooked it up to my charger in my garage (same one I used with my old MS). Left to go to dinner an hour later, unplugged, got into the card and saw a message on my display "Charge Port Door needs to be serviced - contact Tesla" - it stayed lit for me drive to dinner and then back home.

Oh well, I was perfect and awesome for 1 hour. Now back to the SC (for the third time in 3 days) to a fix - hopefully the third time is the charm.

At least I'm 1/2 from the SC here in Ft Lauderdale - at my other place in upstate NY, the closest ranger is 200+ miles to service my MX.
Well I guess.....Congratulations is in Order!! Lol... Hopefully just minor issue.. how do you like the feel or how it drives differently than the S? Ohh and BTW I thought about you today when my DS called and pushed back my delivery due to transportation delay! Haha!;)

A good news update. On my way home last night I also started to get a emergency braking is disabled notice so when I got home I decided to reboot the screen to see if that might help. This morning when I got in my car, the gremlins seemed to go away. No more error messages! I had a 100 mile round trip today and 1/2 way through the cameras seemed to finish calibrating and autopilot started working for the return part of the trip.

The reboot (and may some other goodness I don’t know about) seemed to do the trick and my last few hours with my new Model 3 were flawless (except for a finicky phone key which seems to be par for everybody and easily solved using the key card).

No return trip to the SC! Hopefully others will overcome early hiccups easily too and as production increases hiccups will diminish as well.

It was a roughest first 6 days of the 4 Tesla’s i’ve owned but now all good :)

A good news update. On my way home last night I also started to get a emergency braking is disabled notice so when I got home I decided to reboot the screen to see if that might help. This morning when I got in my car, the gremlins seemed to go away. No more error messages! I had a 100 mile round trip today and 1/2 way through the cameras seemed to finish calibrating and autopilot started working for the return part of the trip.

The reboot (and may some other goodness I don’t know about) seemed to do the trick and my last few hours with my new Model 3 were flawless (except for a finicky phone key which seems to be par for everybody and easily solved using the key card).

No return trip to the SC! Hopefully others will overcome early hiccups easily too and as production increases hiccups will diminish as well.

So after all the crap you have went through how does the 3 compare to the S? Driving, handling, ride?

Thank you for being a patient early adopter. It helps all of us.

Reactions: UkrHog