Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Volume Change When Turning Wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this has already been answered (I couldn't find any thread) or is in not in the right place, but since V10 my volume for my music gets quieter when I turn right or gets louder when i turn left.
It doesn't happen every time, but at least like 40-50% of my turns. This happens when I listen to Spotify/Apple music over my phone on Bluetooth. (Haven't tried just the radio or TuneIn)
Just wondering if anyone has experienced this or knows how to resolve it. I already tried restarting the MCU and screen, and it's still happening

I've always thought the thumb wheel controls were backwards - vehicle control should be on the left and music on the right.

Def the 'right' way for me. My audi had it like you describe and it was awful. Now I can drive with left and hold my wife's hand with right while I switch songs or adjust volume. The other way was insanely uncomfortable.

Sorry if this has already been answered (I couldn't find any thread) or is in not in the right place, but since V10 my volume for my music gets quieter when I turn right or gets louder when i turn left.
It doesn't happen every time, but at least like 40-50% of my turns. This happens when I listen to Spotify/Apple music over my phone on Bluetooth. (Haven't tried just the radio or TuneIn)
Just wondering if anyone has experienced this or knows how to resolve it. I already tried restarting the MCU and screen, and it's still happening
This is just started happening to me 4 days after taking delivery.
Did you get the issue resolved?

And does the volume go back to where you had it after making the turn, or it stays low? Just curious, but either way, it's not right, since it doesn't happen to my car... and it shouldn't happen to any car. There must be an issue with the steering wheel clock-spring, unfortunately. You'll have to schedule a service visit to check that out. How many miles on the car?