Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

model 3 vs model s p75d loaner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took my M3 in because the front usb ports aren't functioning (hopefully a quick fix). I have to say Telsa in Burbank CA were just as great as I had hoped. Friendly, fast and calm. I got a p75D as a loaner. Wow so different. Driving an S is like driving a cruise ship. I have to say I found the seats more comfortable than my M3, I felt tiny in the huge cabin with the giant steering wheel. The AC vents seem very old fashioned after the "virtual" vents on the M3.
The most striking difference was just the build quality level. Everything was incredibly solid on the model S. Things like the sun visors which on the M3 are super thin and cheap are solid as a rock. The steering wheel stalks have a satisfying firm action to them, I find the PDR stalk on the M3 a bit rubbery. It certainly feels like a much more expensive more luxury car, but also less fun and a lot less nimble. Now I just have to figure out how to adjust the steering wheel on the loaner...

This makes me nervous about spending so much on a new M3P and my first EV. For those who already own the M3, could anyone else elaborate? I debated for some time about the M3P vs a luxury ICE coupe vs MX 100D or p100D. I have read that being the case in previous threads. I don’t live close enough to a service center to constantly be in/out for minor repairs. Thoughts please?

.Driving an S is like driving a cruise ship. I have to say I found the seats more comfortable than my M3..

Agree 100%....the seats were way better. Other than that my LR M#3 was IMHO way better. Really disliked the darker interior and the smaller glass openings. Felt I was in a "fast" 90s Cadillac with faux dark suede on dash and door panels.

Have been in higher end Xs and Ss that were way more appealing and way more expensive than my M#3. That being said other than larger cabin size see zero reasons why anyone would pay more than a M#3 for the base 75D

This makes me nervous about spending so much on a new M3P and my first EV. For those who already own the M3, could anyone else elaborate? I debated for some time about the M3P vs a luxury ICE coupe vs MX 100D or p100D. I have read that being the case in previous threads. I don’t live close enough to a service center to constantly be in/out for minor repairs. Thoughts please?

I wouldn't be nervous. The M3 is fantastic, really I love it. I would need more time in model S but I feel that I prefer the M3. It's definitely more fun feeling, clear and clean. The black model s is more like a luxury gentleman's club. I am sure if you are used to BMW7 series, Mercedes s500 etc. then you would feel very at home in the Model S. I sadly have not had much experience of fancy cars, the M3 is certainly the most fancy and expensive car I have owned. Both cars are amazing. the m3 feels more contemporary for sure, but it does feel a little like an iphone, all very nice surfaces but easily scratched. Safe for sure but not sturdy. I feel like the M3 is built for lightness so I can forgive the things like the rather flimsy sun visors etc.
So don't worry and look forward to your Tesla. I am really quite sure you will love it, it's incredible!

Shiz already commented on your other post go X P100D ...since u r coming from X6M think u will be disappointed

I don't think the p100d can handle like the x6m though, which I test drove, much less have the range with my spirited driving so i'm stuck and will keep both the x6m and m3P until maybe a refresh and then i'll consolidate or have both? :)

My advice is to sit in and drive both.

I had a loaner S for a week and prefer my 3. The S was a boat. That said it was faster than my 3 and a little more luxurious in a traditional way. It has much more room if you need the space. Regarding the seats, my wife prefers the 3 seats....I thought both sets were good and while I like the 3 seats and have taken 2 540 mile round trips in comfort, I hesitate to say I like them better than the seats in the S.

I think it comes down to personal preference. However, the 3 is the play if you don’t need the space or prestige of owning the flagship.

Reactions: Sweet OJ
I took my M3 in because the front usb ports aren't functioning (hopefully a quick fix). I have to say Telsa in Burbank CA were just as great as I had hoped. Friendly, fast and calm. I got a p75D as a loaner. Wow so different. Driving an S is like driving a cruise ship. I have to say I found the seats more comfortable than my M3, I felt tiny in the huge cabin with the giant steering wheel. The AC vents seem very old fashioned after the "virtual" vents on the M3.
The most striking difference was just the build quality level. Everything was incredibly solid on the model S. Things like the sun visors which on the M3 are super thin and cheap are solid as a rock. The steering wheel stalks have a satisfying firm action to them, I find the PDR stalk on the M3 a bit rubbery. It certainly feels like a much more expensive more luxury car, but also less fun and a lot less nimble. Now I just have to figure out how to adjust the steering wheel on the loaner...
My M3 seats are better than S loaner. I found that being in the S made me feel like I was in an old fashioned car which made me laugh considering it’s a technologically advanced car! The vents, the display behind the steering wheel... I like the position of the tablet though. The steering wheel adjustment is a physical switch under the steering column and close to the dash.

I don't think the p100d can handle like the x6m though, which I test drove, much less have the range with my spirited driving so i'm stuck and will keep both the x6m and m3P until maybe a refresh and then i'll consolidate or have both? :)
I came from an X6 with adaptive cruise control. I love my 3. The ride and handling are fantastic. While I liked my X6 I’m not missing it.

Reactions: D3xDt3Reaction