Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 vs. model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had and sold my Model 3 (for a $2K profit after 15 months) in order to get my current Model Y. Here's a current list of advantages that convinced me to switch to the MY:

Power Hatchback
More Cargo Space
Rear Reclining Seat and More Room
Higher Seating Position
Much Easier Entry/Exit
Heat Pump
Tinted Rear Windows
Yeah, most of these missing features (and maybe more) will be probably available with the refreshed Model 3. The only question is when it will start shipping :)

Last edited:
I have an AWD 3, purchased before we had our son, if the Y was out at the same time, I would have gone with the Y for the extra space/easiness of getting a car seat in and out.

If/when it's time for my next vehicle, it very well may be a Y.

Yeah, most of these missing features (and maybe more) will be probably available with the refreshed Model 3. The only question is when it will start shipping :)

The refreshed M3 might have a few of those features, but the following features would probably be impossible:

More Cargo Space
Higher Seating Position
Much Easier Entry/Exit

The refreshed M3 might have a few of those features, but the following features would probably be impossible:

More Cargo Space
Higher Seating Position
Much Easier Entry/Exit
Absolutely. As the M3 vs. MY thread proved this is mostly a matter of personal preference. Some people like the look and handling of M3 better and some may value the features you listed above as more important.