TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Vs Trans Am at Drag Strip

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by MarkinArch, Jun 21, 2018.

1. MarkinArch

MarkinArch 1st S.A.TX Non Owner TM3 Delivery

Just found this during one of my daily Tesla searches. Pretty consistent performance when compared to the couple other drag race videos floating around. Enjoy!

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 2
  2. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

lol Guy in Trans Am cannot drive.

• Like x 3
  3. djplong

djplong Member

LOL!

That was me in the Model 3. A few Tesla owners went up to New England Dragway in Epping NH this past Wednesday evening (June 20). Practically in my backyard (as the crow flies) so I figured I *had* to go. Never been to a drag strip before. Most I'd ever done was turn some laps in a NASCAR stock car at Atlanta Motor Speedway a couple of years ago (at 156.3 MPH).

That was my 2nd run (out of 5) of the night. I lost to a new Range Rover. Beat that Trans-Am. GOT beat BY the Trans-Am in the next run (because he didn't repeat his shifting problem), beat a mid-90s customized Mustang (by several seconds) and finally GOT beat by a heavily restored and customized 60s-era Ranchero/El Camino-like car that had rear tires so wide I thought they were from Fred Flinststone's car.

• Like x 10
    • Love x 3
  4. MarkinArch

MarkinArch 1st S.A.TX Non Owner TM3 Delivery

Very cool @djplong ! Do you mind posting all of your times if you have them? It would be interesting to see the consistency between runs. Glad you had fun!

• Like x 2
  5. djplong

djplong Member

My result slips are back home but, from what I remember, my times were from 13.62 to 13.8 second and my speeds ranged from 101 to 102.1 MPH.

I have a picture of my first three results here: Log In or Sign Up to View

And from a post I made on Facebook recapping the night:

Top speed - 102.21 MPH (1st run)
    Fastest time - 13.607 seconds (1st)
    Quickest reaction - 0.242 seconds (2nd)

• Informative x 3
  6. djplong

djplong Member

I have all my result slips at home, but I *did* take a picture of my first three (though the order is off - top to bottom are my first, third and second tries). My first run, they mistakenly listed me as #366 (I was #360)

Quoting from a Facebook post I made...

All runs:
    Top speed - 102.21 MPH (1st run)
    Fastest time - 13.607 seconds (1st)
    Quickest reaction - 0.242 seconds (2nd)
    NEDragway.jpg

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
  7. ModelNforNerd

ModelNforNerd Active Member

I'm about 45 minutes away. Can't wait to see what the 3LRD can do............

8. ModelNforNerd

ModelNforNerd Active Member

Did they make you wear a helmet, due to your sub 13.99 times? If so, did you have your own, or rent/borrow?