Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 wait time now end of 2022 / start 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Likely due to fulfilment of a large base-spec fleet order (Hertz?).
Or just a lot of orders from people trying to switch away from ICE cars with petrol & diesel prices certainly set to climb dramatically for the foreseeable future. Lead times were very very fast to get a new Tesla in the past couple of months, which could well have attracted a lot more people to order them. Other marques quoting 12+ months where Tesla were able to supply in weeks (mine was 20 days from order to pickup). A large flood of orders could well have disrupted/confused the estimated delivery dates in their system.

A bog standard RWD M3 in white with aero wheels is Feb 2023. They could just be fiddling with the options to get people to spend more money for an earlier delivery.
Makes sense really. £1000 or so difference on a change of paint colour vs hiring a car for several months longer while you wait for your new car. It’s a bit like how insurance companies charge more the closer you are to the desired start date.

I ordered a M3 LR on Saturday, and was initially told it would be November 2022 for delivery. On Sunday, the delivery estimate was updated to Jun 11 - Jul 09 2022. I'm aware this may change again, possibly getting pushed out to November.

FYI, the changes I made from the standard were: colour (midnight grey) and aero wheels.