TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 waiters in California - please post here

Discussion in 'California' started by jonquiljo, Nov 2, 2019.

1. jonquiljo

jonquiljo Member

While I know it is logistically sensible to get deliveries underway to distant locations - east coast, Canada, etc. - but it seems to me that is isn't completely obvious when those of us in California will get our Model 3's. I highly suspect that those of us in California (and even worse, the Bay Area) will get ours later than others - but will we get them last? Will we get them last - regardless of order date?

So, California orders - please post here as you order, receive information, VIN numbers, etc. We are logistically a strange group. I can't imagine all cars will come here last, but I have no idea as to when they may really come.

I'll start: LR AWD, No FSD, ordered 10/11 - Bay Area. Nothing from Tesla yet. I suspect (and have since been told to expect) late November delivery. That seems reasonable. But will it be Xmas - time? I sold my car (stupid me!) before I knew the extent of the wait. It's not fun getting around with only a one car family.

2. puppers

puppers Member

Ordered 10/14, P3D+ White/White no FSD w/ grey wheels. Nothing yet. In NorCal - Roseville.

3. Kilotango74

Kilotango74 Member

Ordered 10/5. White/Black performance, no FSD. No VIN, no updates. Palmdale,CA

4. dandrewk

dandrewk Member

According to my SA, the factory is scheduled to do a massive batch of LR/AWD "this month". They will fill as many orders as they can for that trim. So there's hope, albeit small, that I might get "lucky" before Thanksgiving.

Ordered 10/18, LR/AWD, no FSD, Aero wheels, white/black.

• Like x 1
  5. jonquiljo

jonquiljo Member

Still it depends on whether Tesla saves California for last.

What do all the delivery people do --- take an extended vacation?!

• Like x 1
  6. Orbe_x

Orbe_x New Member

Ordered on 10/05. White / black interior SR+, no FSD. No Updates, Perris, CA
    I am still waiting for VIN# to pop up
    I will pick it up on Costa Mesa.

7. sqrt

sqrt Member

Ordered 10/4. SR+ white/black , aero wheels.
    I will, eventually, pick it up in Fremont. :/

8. giantshark18

giantshark18 Member

10/18, LR AWD white/white, no FSD, 18 inch aeros. No vin as of yet. Advisor says late November to early December.

San Jose

9. msm859

msm859 Member

Well if your premise is right may effect me as well. Ordered X LR black on black 10/22. Will pick up in Roseville, CA

10. Evergreeen

Evergreeen Member

I saw a truckload of model 3s going up 101 with euro plates so they must not be done completely making for export. I expect once that's done they'll rapidly fill the us orders. I'd expect delivery after thanksgiving though!

• Like x 1
  11. dandrewk

dandrewk Member

There is now zero doubt that they are producing for North America . We’ve seen many model year 2020s with a production date of October to 2019

12. Mr. Big

Mr. Big Member

10/28 - Performance, MSM/Black, no FSD, pickup in Burbank.

13. puppers

puppers Member

It does look like inventory will go East to west. Tezz.la is showing all the new inventory cars on the East coast lol.

14. Pharmerdav

Pharmerdav New Member

Clovis Ca: Ordered on 10/12 SR+ white/black non FSD, picking up at Fremont. No vin yet.

15. jonquiljo

jonquiljo Member

They may be making vehicles for both markets. If we don't see lots of VIN's showing up, then Tesla is selnding to both markets simultaneously. I think that Tesla can use the same vehicles for Europe as ones destined for N. America. The major differences have been engine emissions when importing US cars, and there is no ICE in a Tesla. The foreign language console software is a simple change.

This information seems to be what people are quoting for both California and the Bay Area. It's only a short trip to drop cars down in So. Cal, so it's probably not much different for Tesla's logistics planning throughout California. But there are orders way back to September with No VINs here.

Perhaps as information piles up in this thread, we may have an idea of what is in store for us. We definitely are likely on a different (slower) delivery schedule. I just don't know how Tesla could delay all of us. An enormous percentage of Tesla's end up in California. They can't all come to us late in the game. I guess we'll see in coming weeks.

16. markli

markli Member

Ordered on the Oct 15th before deposit change, Blue on Black, FSD, Aero Wheel, Long Range AWD.
    As of 2019 11/3 no VIN no email

17. MattAndLou

MattAndLou Member

10/16 Order date
    Pearl White / Black
    FSD
    Performance
    Costa Mesa

Account still showing 2 weeks and silver wheels. Attempting to change ext to black. We’ll see.

18. ucmndd

ucmndd Active Member

There’s really no mystery here, as Tesla lives and dies on quarterly delivery numbers these days.

If someone in California and someone on the East Coast orders the same exact car, and there’s still time to get that car cross country and delivered by the end of the year, the person on the East Coast gets it. Regardless of when they ordered vs. when the California guy did, because there’s still time to make another one and deliver it locally.

• Like x 1
  19. msm859

msm859 Member

Since S and X sales are down don't they have greater capacity so the year end rush should not be as bad?

20. MobbsThree

MobbsThree Member

Ordered 10/13, LR/AWD, FSD, 19" wheels, White/Black

No VIN or updates.