Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 waiters in California - please post here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I know it is logistically sensible to get deliveries underway to distant locations - east coast, Canada, etc. - but it seems to me that is isn't completely obvious when those of us in California will get our Model 3's. I highly suspect that those of us in California (and even worse, the Bay Area) will get ours later than others - but will we get them last? Will we get them last - regardless of order date?

So, California orders - please post here as you order, receive information, VIN numbers, etc. We are logistically a strange group. I can't imagine all cars will come here last, but I have no idea as to when they may really come.

I'll start: LR AWD, No FSD, ordered 10/11 - Bay Area. Nothing from Tesla yet. I suspect (and have since been told to expect) late November delivery. That seems reasonable. But will it be Xmas - time? I sold my car (stupid me!) before I knew the extent of the wait. It's not fun getting around with only a one car family.

According to my SA, the factory is scheduled to do a massive batch of LR/AWD "this month". They will fill as many orders as they can for that trim. So there's hope, albeit small, that I might get "lucky" before Thanksgiving.

Ordered 10/18, LR/AWD, no FSD, Aero wheels, white/black.

Reactions: mnml
According to my SA, the factory is scheduled to do a massive batch of LR/AWD "this month". They will fill as many orders as they can for that trim. So there's hope, albeit small, that I might get "lucky" before Thanksgiving.

Ordered 10/18, LR/AWD, no FSD, Aero wheels, white/black.

Still it depends on whether Tesla saves California for last.

What do all the delivery people do --- take an extended vacation?!

Reactions: Obsoletion
I saw a truckload of model 3s going up 101 with euro plates so they must not be done completely making for export. I expect once that's done they'll rapidly fill the us orders. I'd expect delivery after thanksgiving though!
They may be making vehicles for both markets. If we don't see lots of VIN's showing up, then Tesla is selnding to both markets simultaneously. I think that Tesla can use the same vehicles for Europe as ones destined for N. America. The major differences have been engine emissions when importing US cars, and there is no ICE in a Tesla. The foreign language console software is a simple change.

10/18, LR AWD white/white, no FSD, 18 inch aeros. No vin as of yet. Advisor says late November to early December.

San Jose

This information seems to be what people are quoting for both California and the Bay Area. It's only a short trip to drop cars down in So. Cal, so it's probably not much different for Tesla's logistics planning throughout California. But there are orders way back to September with No VINs here.

Perhaps as information piles up in this thread, we may have an idea of what is in store for us. We definitely are likely on a different (slower) delivery schedule. I just don't know how Tesla could delay all of us. An enormous percentage of Tesla's end up in California. They can't all come to us late in the game. I guess we'll see in coming weeks.

Still it depends on whether Tesla saves California for last.

There’s really no mystery here, as Tesla lives and dies on quarterly delivery numbers these days.

If someone in California and someone on the East Coast orders the same exact car, and there’s still time to get that car cross country and delivered by the end of the year, the person on the East Coast gets it. Regardless of when they ordered vs. when the California guy did, because there’s still time to make another one and deliver it locally.

Reactions: rtshefe