Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 waiters in California - please post here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's only $25 for the ticket and they wont pull you over for it. The parking meter enforcement will give you a ticket for it though so watch out. I just pay them when I get them.

yup - I got one of these at a parking meter 6 years ago. Didn’t even know metermaids even had the authority to do it. Nice that it is not a “fixit” ticket....

Thanks for the info. Guess that will cost me $500, as I ordered 10/17 in Bay Area. Don’t expect mine until mid-Dec.

Are there any other limits for this Ca rebates (aside from annual income)?
Check out What should I know about the December 3rd program changes?

But the only other thing is the 1 rebate per person limit. This limit isn't applied retroactively so if you've only had 1 rebate before 12/03, you'll get another one.

Thanks for the info. Guess that will cost me $500, as I ordered 10/17 in Bay Area. Don’t expect mine until mid-Dec.

Are there any other limits for this Ca rebates (aside from annual income)?

It was limited to 2 rebates per person before, and the 1 per person limit isn't retroactive. I only found out about the per person limit very recently, and unfortunately, I've already reached 2 (I've had 2 Prius Plugin/Primes before). So I won't be getting any state rebate at all. Gonna have to adjust my down payment accordingly...

It was limited to 2 rebates per person before, and the 1 per person limit isn't retroactive. I only found out about the per person limit very recently, and unfortunately, I've already reached 2 (I've had 2 Prius Plugin/Primes before). So I won't be getting any state rebate at all. Gonna have to adjust my down payment accordingly...

The two rebate limitation has always been the case. The new "one rebate per person" is not retroactive. So if you've only received one rebate, you're good.

Sucks for me though. Leaf + Bolt = 2.

Is the Taycan similar in size to the Model S ? Porsche periodically sends me email to pre-order my Taycan ...
It’s hard to tell. I’ve just seen pictures. It looks like a Panamera, but that could be in the camera angle. They look very low to the ground - like a big 911 - it’s hard to say with all the glam photo shots.

I may go to my local P dealer to see what data, specs, etc they have. The entry level version is about 2x the cost of a Model 3. How many are being sent here is not clear. P usually wants about $5k to reserve a spot. They keep in touch with you, though. Porsche has gotten really good since they switched from mostly 911’s to a range of cars.

The Taycan will be a ticket magnet for sure. Gotta be careful in that thing. The good part of a Tesla is that they don’t look like they are fast - but they are.

While I know it is logistically sensible to get deliveries underway to distant locations - east coast, Canada, etc. - but it seems to me that is isn't completely obvious when those of us in California will get our Model 3's. I highly suspect that those of us in California (and even worse, the Bay Area) will get ours later than others - but will we get them last? Will we get them last - regardless of order date?

So, California orders - please post here as you order, receive information, VIN numbers, etc. We are logistically a strange group. I can't imagine all cars will come here last, but I have no idea as to when they may really come.

I'll start: LR AWD, No FSD, ordered 10/11 - Bay Area. Nothing from Tesla yet. I suspect (and have since been told to expect) late November delivery. That seems reasonable. But will it be Xmas - time? I sold my car (stupid me!) before I knew the extent of the wait. It's not fun getting around with only a one car family.

I ordered on September 19, in person at the Palo Alto, CA showroom. Pearl White, Black Int, 4 WD, Performance, FSD. Still waiting. My interior was originally white but changed to black. I was promised 2 years free supercharging but I expect they will renege on that given they could not deliver by the end of September. Very frustrating this process...

• Informative
Reactions: skydreamerjae
UPDATE:
Got this text message today but still no VIN or delivery time.

"Hello! This is the Tesla Marina team, we would like to invite you to an Owners Workshop on Sunday November 10th, at 4PM, located at 4755 Alla Rd, Marina Del Rey, 90292. At this workshop we will cover preparing for delivery, solutions for charging and energy, and the essentials on your new vehicle. We will also be here to support with any additional questions and have merchandise onsite for purchase. If you have any friends interested in Tesla, feel free to invite them, as well! If you are interested in coming please respond YES, and we will add you to the RSVP list, thank you!"

Could it possibly be my car is just around the corner? Trying not to get too excited here.

UPDATE:
Got this text message today but still no VIN or delivery time.

"Hello! This is the Tesla Marina team, we would like to invite you to an Owners Workshop on Sunday November 10th, at 4PM, located at 4755 Alla Rd, Marina Del Rey, 90292. At this workshop we will cover preparing for delivery, solutions for charging and energy, and the essentials on your new vehicle. We will also be here to support with any additional questions and have merchandise onsite for purchase. If you have any friends interested in Tesla, feel free to invite them, as well! If you are interested in coming please respond YES, and we will add you to the RSVP list, thank you!"

Could it possibly be my car is just around the corner? Trying not to get too excited here.

Unfortunately no. Went to the same orientation last weekend and no one seems to know anything about the delivery schedule. I ordered mine on 10/22.

Unfortunately no. Went to the same orientation last weekend and no one seems to know anything about the delivery schedule. I ordered mine on 10/22.

I figured that would be the case. Why would they be sending an orientation text if our car is near in the first place? Kinda weird but I guess their way of delaying. I'm already convinced that were looking at December deliveries.

I figured that would be the case. Why would they be sending an orientation text if our car is near in the first place? Kinda weird but I guess their way of delaying. I'm already convinced that were looking at December deliveries.

So when the cars do come in, the service centers aren't flooded with people staying for more than they need to, asking questions that could be done prior.

Reactions: justin.jdl
Well I just talked to a local SA (Bay Area Ca). He said something that I thought all along, and I didn’t even prompt him for it.

He said that Tesla is still sending cars overseas while sending some to the US (60-40 — overseas/US). This makes sense and I have suspected it all along. He told me that anything after Oct 1 is pretty much going into the same mass delivery in California. There are likely limited deliveries elsewhere. I tend not to believe SA’s, but this made sense to me. He said at best (meaning really early orders) will come here 1st or 2nd week in December. He knew I had an Oct 11th orders too.

If Tesla is still sending cars overseas, it validates the South Bay sightings of carriers with foreign license plate holders. I don’t know about anyone else, but it is VERY annoying to me! The US is home to their corporate HQ and their only major production factory (yet). N. Americans put Tesla on the map. Yet we are not front line priority these days - or so it seems. No wonder Elon Musk is off Twitter these days!

If true, this will lead to the arrogant assumption that they can fling out cars to US buyers at the last minute. Probably 2000 or so of the 6000 cars per week are going to US customers. That’s it. When I told the SA that my order page online said 2-3 weeks until a few days ago - he was quiet.

Sorry, but how many others get annoyed by all of this? The lies, the clear effort to give the US a second place status. This is definitely different than prior quarters.

Who knows, by the time many of us get their cars, paint will be an option!

• Informative
Reactions: skydreamerjae
That really sucks and its super annoying.. I ordered mine on Oct 31th, now I'm not sure if I will be able to take delivery by EOY. No point in applying for finance at this point either.. Its going to be a messy if everything gets pushed out to last 2 weeks of december in Fremont.

I did see a fleet of EU license plate M3s on 101B bound yesterday during evening commute...

That really sucks and its super annoying.. I ordered mine on Oct 31th, now I'm not sure if I will be able to take delivery by EOY. No point in applying for finance at this point either.. Its going to be a messy if everything gets pushed out to last 2 weeks of december in Fremont.

I did see a fleet of EU license plate M3s on 101B bound yesterday during evening commute...

Yes, we have a confirmation here. Tesla is playing both sides of the street and hoping we will sit here and live with it. Hell, I ordered 10/11 and will get it the same time as you do - if it even shows up at all.

Sorry to be the bearer of potentially bad news, but it seems that Tesla is not really eager to sell to US buyers. I thought the "intensity of deliveries" seemed low, and it now appears to definitely be low. It's going to be "X-mas madness" - and that makes me mad!

If you saw a carrier with Euro license plates, it was probably going to a ship in San Francisco. We are starting the second week in November and that's what Tesla wants to do!

I highly suggest that we all call our SA's and pressure them - repeatedly. We need to let Tesla know we are not happy. I keep saying this, but I had a "2-3" week delivery on my order page until a few days ago. That's not an oversight - it's a lie!

Geez, Tesla's trying to build their brand worldwide. Presumabley they're doing this for long term growth, which hopefully leads to financial stability for the company, which is a plus for all of us.

Is it a bit annoying for those that have to wait? Sure, I have a car on order as well, but all this crying about Tesla not caring about its home customers and that we should call and bitch to SA's is silly.

Reactions: CaptainSlooow
Geez, Tesla's trying to build their brand worldwide. Presumabley they're doing this for long term growth, which hopefully leads to financial stability for the company, which is a plus for all of us.

Is it a bit annoying for those that have to wait? Sure, I have a car on order as well, but all this crying about Tesla not caring about its home customers and that we should call and bitch to SA's is silly.

It's not the wait - it's the constant BS to customers who have ordered. Tell me 10 weeks - and then stick to it. Don't keep telling me 2-3 weeks when you never had any intention of delivering even close to that. Sorry, Tesla needs a big lesson in customer service. Or do you like being treated like garbage?

You do know that any of us could wait until the "X-mas madness sale", get our car, and find that it has so many defects that we have to turn it down. We get to start the wait all over again.