Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 waiters in California - please post here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps a huge batch of cars AWD LR, but to Europe first - probably a large portion of that batch. For those of us in California, it will be X-mas madness for sure. Likely nothing for the next four weeks. I'm hearing the same thing too many times and people are seeing car carriers of Model 3's with European plate holders going up 101 toward SF.

My understanding was they would be cranking out LR/AWDs to fill most/all orders.

But as we know, no way to ever know with certainty.

I learned from the Tesla associate who has been helping me throughout, that my car (ordered Sept.26) was finally getting a build date scheduled and should complete production Nov.11th. It won't reach me (Hawaii) until Dec., but I am just glad it is getting built finally!

I heard something similar, however the associate made it painfully clear that it was an estimate and not a guarantee. Have my fingers crossed tho!

Agreed. I never would have guessed that Tesla would be sending lots of cars overseas in what will be the second week of November.
Even though they sending massive amounts overseas still, some state side is still getting theirs. It's trickling slowly state side, but come DEC, it will be Fast & Furious! They gonna hit that NOS button for delivery lol.

• Funny
Reactions: dandrewk
HaHa... Seriously though is over a week normal for no email (past the original thank-you for your order), no SA call nothing? Wondering if I should preemptively call the SC or not... Not that I'll learn anything just want to make sure I'm in the system.

I ordered 10/13 and I haven't been contacted besides the initial "thank you" email. Wondering if I should be concerned about that or not.

I got one email after I placed my order on 10/11 from my SA. Not once he reached out on his own or anyone from Tesla proactively. I've called and emailed my SA and delivery center myself to get the info i needed. I did receive my first unsolicited text about the Tesla workshop at my delivery center this weekend.
So there you go. They'll reach out when they have something to say.

Same boat! Except I ordered 10/15. SR+ White/Black and 19in wheels. Where is your delivery? I'm at Marina Del Rey.

This was like back in April or March, but my coworker and his brother both went to Tesla Buena Park and placed their orders on site. Coworker's brother placed order first. MR black/black 18" and then my coworker placed his order. Some issue happened (put the $2500 down but no account was created) for my coworker so he had to return the next day (Tesla was closing soon that day) to replace his order and put down ANOTHER $2500. So at this point, my coworker ordered a day AFTER his brother; exact same trim and options. Yet, my coworker was able to take delivery one week before his brother did. Just wanted to throw that info out there. And they also eventually refunded him his first $2500 that went no where.

Well I just talked to a local SA (Bay Area Ca). He said something that I thought all along, and I didn’t even prompt him for it.

He said that Tesla is still sending cars overseas while sending some to the US (60-40 — overseas/US). This makes sense and I have suspected it all along. He told me that anything after Oct 1 is pretty much going into the same mass delivery in California. There are likely limited deliveries elsewhere. I tend not to believe SA’s, but this made sense to me. He said at best (meaning really early orders) will come here 1st or 2nd week in December. He knew I had an Oct 11th orders too.

If Tesla is still sending cars overseas, it validates the South Bay sightings of carriers with foreign license plate holders. I don’t know about anyone else, but it is VERY annoying to me! The US is home to their corporate HQ and their only major production factory (yet). N. Americans put Tesla on the map. Yet we are not front line priority these days - or so it seems. No wonder Elon Musk is off Twitter these days!

If true, this will lead to the arrogant assumption that they can fling out cars to US buyers at the last minute. Probably 2000 or so of the 6000 cars per week are going to US customers. That’s it. When I told the SA that my order page online said 2-3 weeks until a few days ago - he was quiet.

Sorry, but how many others get annoyed by all of this? The lies, the clear effort to give the US a second place status. This is definitely different than prior quarters.

Who knows, by the time many of us get their cars, paint will be an option!

I have been getting this type of runaround since I ordered mine from the Palo Alto, CA showroom on September 19. Yes September. At that time they were pushing hard to deliver cars by the September 30, end of Q3 and so were prioritizing local orders because they could be delivered fastest. I was given 2 years free super charging to buy it. But what happened next is where the wheels fell off. The sales guy told me it would take 2 weeks to get a VIN. I left on a backpacking trip that weekend for a few days thinking I would be OK. Literally the first Monday that I was out, they assigned a VIN to me. I was unable to reply and so lost it within one or two days. When I did finally reply just 2 days later, they told me I would have a car in 2 weeks and that the 2 years of free charging would be honored. Last I checked the earliest I can get a car is after December 15th, and frankly I don't believe them. I also expect to get screwed out of the free charging deal. It's all very frustrating. I was also told that they are shipping to Europe. I do drive by the Tesla plant regularly and usually see truckloads of Model 3's being shipped out.

I have been getting this type of runaround since I ordered mine from the Palo Alto, CA showroom on September 19. Yes September. At that time they were pushing hard to deliver cars by the September 30, end of Q3 and so were prioritizing local orders because they could be delivered fastest. I was given 2 years free super charging to buy it. But what happened next is where the wheels fell off. The sales guy told me it would take 2 weeks to get a VIN. I left on a backpacking trip that weekend for a few days thinking I would be OK. Literally the first Monday that I was out, they assigned a VIN to me. I was unable to reply and so lost it within one or two days. When I did finally reply just 2 days later, they told me I would have a car in 2 weeks and that the 2 years of free charging would be honored. Last I checked the earliest I can get a car is after December 15th, and frankly I don't believe them. I also expect to get screwed out of the free charging deal. It's all very frustrating. I was also told that they are shipping to Europe. I do drive by the Tesla plant regularly and usually see truckloads of Model 3's being shipped out.

I just ordered LR basic Model S on November 5th. Is everyone aware that we will lose the $2500 California rebate if we don't take delivery by December 3rd? The rebate people at the Air Resources Board changed their policy on November 1st. As far as i know it ONLY affects Model S (since there are no other electric vehicles currently available that cost over $60k). I am HOPING that Tesla will take pity on California residents and prioritize Model S delivery (at least) but I have been unable to contact anyone who can influence this type of decision. (Sales rep apparently is unable to provide any corporate contact info what-so-ever).
Meanwhile, everyone should complain to their California representatives about the inadequate notice provided for the new rebate policy (One month is not adequate warning since they should know delivery is likely to take longer than that). You can find your State representative here: findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov.