TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 waiters in California - please post here

Discussion in 'California' started by jonquiljo, Nov 2, 2019.

1. dandrewk

dandrewk Member

Yes. As long as the lease is 3 years or more, the lessee gets the state rebate.

2. dandrewk

dandrewk Member

My understanding was they would be cranking out LR/AWDs to fill most/all orders.

But as we know, no way to ever know with certainty.

3. TheUmp

TheUmp Member

I heard something similar, however the associate made it painfully clear that it was an estimate and not a guarantee. Have my fingers crossed tho!

4. jonquiljo

jonquiljo Member

Agreed. I never would have guessed that Tesla would be sending lots of cars overseas in what will be the second week of November.

5. LOL@GAS

Even though they sending massive amounts overseas still, some state side is still getting theirs. It's trickling slowly state side, but come DEC, it will be Fast & Furious! They gonna hit that NOS button for delivery lol.

• Funny x 1
  6. KissMyAssGas84

I just never thought I would beg for someone to take my money this bad haha

I bought an inventory car and I’m still waiting around!!

JUST TELL ME WHEN TO PICK UP MY CAR PLEEEAAASSEE!

• Funny x 1
  7. jonquiljo

jonquiljo Member

I went though that "fast and furious" during the beginning of the quarter. I couldn't make the 2 day window for delivery so I lost the car.

8. MobbsThree

MobbsThree Member

I ordered 10/13 and I haven't been contacted besides the initial "thank you" email. Wondering if I should be concerned about that or not.

9. Evergreeen

Evergreeen Member

Nice what trim is yours

10. JenniferH

JenniferH Member

White/white SR+ FSD 19" wheels. No service center on my island so I hope to get lucky with everything.

11. justin.jdl

justin.jdl Member

Same boat! Except I ordered 10/15. SR+ White/Black and 19in wheels. Where is your delivery? I'm at Marina Del Rey.

12. Csamika

Csamika Member

Same, Marina. Are you coming this sunday for the Tesla Workshop?

13. justin.jdl

justin.jdl Member

I won't be able to make it, I'm working all weekend. I was hoping you can keep me in the loop with any info if you end up going.

14. Csamika

Csamika Member

You know it. i'll post after if any new news comes out of it. Let me know if you have any specific questions, happy to ask for you.

• Like x 1
  15. SSS6

SSS6 Member

I'll be there too!

• Like x 1
  16. justin.jdl

justin.jdl Member

Thank you! I'll PM if you anything pops up!
    Let us know how things go! I'm sure theres a lot of us are anxious for some news.

17. skydreamerjae

skydreamerjae Member

This was like back in April or March, but my coworker and his brother both went to Tesla Buena Park and placed their orders on site. Coworker's brother placed order first. MR black/black 18" and then my coworker placed his order. Some issue happened (put the $2500 down but no account was created) for my coworker so he had to return the next day (Tesla was closing soon that day) to replace his order and put down ANOTHER $2500. So at this point, my coworker ordered a day AFTER his brother; exact same trim and options. Yet, my coworker was able to take delivery one week before his brother did. Just wanted to throw that info out there. And they also eventually refunded him his first $2500 that went no where.

18. Elliott 151

Elliott 151 LR AWD P FSD White on Black

I have been getting this type of runaround since I ordered mine from the Palo Alto, CA showroom on September 19. Yes September. At that time they were pushing hard to deliver cars by the September 30, end of Q3 and so were prioritizing local orders because they could be delivered fastest. I was given 2 years free super charging to buy it. But what happened next is where the wheels fell off. The sales guy told me it would take 2 weeks to get a VIN. I left on a backpacking trip that weekend for a few days thinking I would be OK. Literally the first Monday that I was out, they assigned a VIN to me. I was unable to reply and so lost it within one or two days. When I did finally reply just 2 days later, they told me I would have a car in 2 weeks and that the 2 years of free charging would be honored. Last I checked the earliest I can get a car is after December 15th, and frankly I don't believe them. I also expect to get screwed out of the free charging deal. It's all very frustrating. I was also told that they are shipping to Europe. I do drive by the Tesla plant regularly and usually see truckloads of Model 3's being shipped out.

19. Elliott 151

Elliott 151 LR AWD P FSD White on Black

I have been getting this type of runaround since I ordered mine from the Palo Alto, CA showroom on September 19. Yes September. At that time they were pushing hard to deliver cars by the September 30, end of Q3 and so were prioritizing local orders because they could be delivered fastest. I was given 2 years free super charging to buy it. But what happened next is where the wheels fell off. The sales guy told me it would take 2 weeks to get a VIN. I left on a backpacking trip that weekend for a few days thinking I would be OK. Literally the first Monday that I was out, they assigned a VIN to me. I was unable to reply and so lost it within one or two days. When I did finally reply just 2 days later, they told me I would have a car in 2 weeks and that the 2 years of free charging would be honored. Last I checked the earliest I can get a car is after December 15th, and frankly I don't believe them. I also expect to get screwed out of the free charging deal. It's all very frustrating. I was also told that they are shipping to Europe. I do drive by the Tesla plant regularly and usually see truckloads of Model 3's being shipped out.

20. jenzler

jenzler Member

I just ordered LR basic Model S on November 5th. Is everyone aware that we will lose the $2500 California rebate if we don't take delivery by December 3rd? The rebate people at the Air Resources Board changed their policy on November 1st. As far as i know it ONLY affects Model S (since there are no other electric vehicles currently available that cost over $60k). I am HOPING that Tesla will take pity on California residents and prioritize Model S delivery (at least) but I have been unable to contact anyone who can influence this type of decision. (Sales rep apparently is unable to provide any corporate contact info what-so-ever).
    Meanwhile, everyone should complain to their California representatives about the inadequate notice provided for the new rebate policy (One month is not adequate warning since they should know delivery is likely to take longer than that). You can find your State representative here: findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov.