Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 waiters in California - please post here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Massive chaos in California if they try that.

They do this every single quarter. Q4 a bit more “extra”, has been that way for at least 3 years now. I took delivery of my car on December 18, 2016 in a big hastily erected tent in the parking lot at the Fremont factory after being shuffled through the same exact new owner group orientation it sounds like they’re doing with you all now. The car rolled off the assembly line less than 48 hours before I picked it up.

At the time they were on a blitz to demonstrate quarterly profitability and meet their ANNUAL production goal of 80,000 cars.

The scale has changed a bit since then, but the basic premise has not. Deliver as many cars as possible, which means the west coast gets their batch last. This isn’t new or unique.

You’ll all get your cars. It will likely be mid-late December for most. It will be a bit chaotic. It’s part of the fun, and most of you will love it. Merry Christmas.

Last edited:
While I know it is logistically sensible to get deliveries underway to distant locations - east coast, Canada, etc. - but it seems to me that is isn't completely obvious when those of us in California will get our Model 3's. I highly suspect that those of us in California (and even worse, the Bay Area) will get ours later than others - but will we get them last? Will we get them last - regardless of order date?

So, California orders - please post here as you order, receive information, VIN numbers, etc. We are logistically a strange group. I can't imagine all cars will come here last, but I have no idea as to when they may really come.

I'll start: LR AWD, No FSD, ordered 10/11 - Bay Area. Nothing from Tesla yet. I suspect (and have since been told to expect) late November delivery. That seems reasonable. But will it be Xmas - time? I sold my car (stupid me!) before I knew the extent of the wait. It's not fun getting around with only a one car family.

I put my $2500 deposit on Oct 7 2019 and the price for model 3 Sr+ Was $38990 Delivery 2-3 weeks. I have been waiting patiently for vin and delivery. This morning checking on my order the price went up to $39490 and now a 6-10 week wait. Tesla can’t do that but that is what is in my account. how is Tesla getting away with this price and delivery change after an order is placed. Sounds like a lawsuit. Are there others that this has happened to as well? If so a class action lawsuit is warranted. My price went up and my delivery time increase 5 fold from original price in my contract and original date given.

• Funny
Reactions: ucmndd
Nor will they even try. They’ll either bring the car to you or send you to a big delivery center in Fremont or somewhere else.

Oh, I've already made up my mind to change the delivery from SF to Fremont. I'll be visiting my SA at the Corte Madera showroom to make the change.

It may be a zoo, but I think I'll end up getting the car quicker and with more certainty (less chance of last minute cancellations). I hope...

I hate to go off on a rant, but TESLA CAN YOU GET YOUR *sugar* TOGETHER?

I placed an order on the 9th of October, and yes for those for ordered before me, I'd gladly wait for your cars to arrive first than mine, and so far it's been a rollercoaster of miscommunication and random updates. First of all, how does price change effect those who've made an order before the sudden $1000 price increase? Second, how are you just going to increase the price for already made orders without notifying us? Third, the frunk hooks, why take them out? I've seen the pictures and without them, and the car looks awkward. Fourth, the ambient lights. The car is considered a luxury car and yet it doesn't have a power lift for the trunk. At least put in the effort to include lights. Fifth and the reason why I joined this forum, the wait. I was told by my sales associate that I should receive a vin or any sign of progress by the second week of the wait. It's been 3 weeks and I'm approaching my 4th week of waiting this upcoming Wednesday; there's still isn't any sign of a vin or a delivery estimate. At least have the decency to inform customers for these sudden changes in price, design, and delivery time. I know the issue of delivery has been apart of Tesla for a while, but at least give us accurate numbers and dates to give us a sense of security and trust.

Am I going to cancel my order?
No, the car is simply amazing but come on Tesla, you're the future, you should at least know how to work with your customers.

I am so conflicted. I always disliked Apple and it has kept me from ever buying a product they make. I can find good enough Android, Microsoft, devices. I am starting to feel similar about Tesla the company, but difference here is the alternatives are not even close to good enough.

I am not upset about wait times or even silence, but to raise prices on existing orders is a terrible look. In the age if social shaming of companies, not sure why Tesla gets a pass and we just focus on the fact they "legally" can do it.

I placed an order on the 9th of October, and yes for those for ordered before me, I'd gladly wait for your cars to arrive first than mine, and so far it's been a rollercoaster of miscommunication and random updates. First of all, how does price change effect those who've made an order before the sudden $1000 price increase? Second, how are you just going to increase the price for already made orders without notifying us? Third, the frunk hooks, why take them out? I've seen the pictures and without them, and the car looks awkward. Fourth, the ambient lights. The car is considered a luxury car and yet it doesn't have a power lift for the trunk. At least put in the effort to include lights. Fifth and the reason why I joined this forum, the wait. I was told by my sales associate that I should receive a vin or any sign of progress by the second week of the wait. It's been 3 weeks and I'm approaching my 4th week of waiting this upcoming Wednesday; there's still isn't any sign of a vin or a delivery estimate. At least have the decency to inform customers for these sudden changes in price, design, and delivery time. I know the issue of delivery has been apart of Tesla for a while, but at least give us accurate numbers and dates to give us a sense of security and trust.

No, the car is simply amazing but come on Tesla, you're the future, you should at least know how to work with your customers.
I am so conflicted. I always disliked Apple and it has kept me from ever buying a product they make. I can find good enough Android, Microsoft, devices. I am starting to feel similar about Tesla the company, but difference here is the alternatives are not even close to good enough.

I am not upset about wait times or even silence, but to raise prices on existing orders is a terrible look. In the age if social shaming of companies, not sure why Tesla gets a pass and we just focus on the fact they "legally" can do it.

Quite simply -- why didn't Tesla send us a simple automated e-mail telling us of what they were doing. Robo-mail, the most simple of things around these days - would be polite rather than to say absolutely nothing! A robo-call, a robo-text, anything. Geez, manners, huh?

Won't cancel the order.
But if Porsche or another company had a viable competitor, I would highly re-consider. And THAT might not be too far away.

Won't cancel the order.
But if Porsche or another company had a viable competitor, I would highly re-consider. And THAT might not be too far away.
Right now, Tesla has no competition. Yes there are other EV vehicles out there, but not to on par with Tesla. They just need a strong competition to drive them to improve more & more. That's what competition does, it makes us all better.

California is going to get their fourth quarter production in December guaranteed, cause they can make it on Christmas and get it to you by New Years and boost their numbers as high as possible. Whether you ordered end of September or end of October, everyones going to get theirs in the last few weeks of December.

I just attended the Owners Workshop in Marina Del Rey and I can confirm that all the Tesla sales advisors said that all vehicles will be delivered the last 2 weeks of December. They are anticipating large crowds due to the number of pickups occurring at that time of the year. The manager even stated that they will be extending pickup hours until as late at 10 pm during those 2 weeks. Hope this helps

This is useful info for those who recently ordered to try to have a car delivered before end of year, thank you. Is it reasonable for me to assume that since I put in my order on Nov 2, my LR AWD white ext, black int won’t be delivered this year? I am located in NorCal, close to Fremont.

Ordered Oct 29

LR AWD
White
Aero Wheels
FSD

No VIN yet. Corte Madera told me mid-late December.

Getting it before December 31st is critical for the federal tax credit...Tesla knows this and (crossing fingers) won't mess it up.

Just received a text message from a number that I do not recognize (510 area code) saying:

"Get priority matching to a vehicle for faster delivery by completing your profile now at Tesla.com/teslaacount"

1) My profile is complete from what I can tell (and I have obsessed over it).
2) With all the phishing scams out there I am nervous to reply or engage with unknown number.
3) Let me get that priority/faster delivery though.