Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 waiters in California - please post here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received a text message from a number that I do not recognize saying:

"Get priority matching to a vehicle for faster delivery by completing your profile now at Tesla.com/teslaacount"

1) My profile is complete from what I can tell (and I have obsessed over it).
2) With all the phishing scams out there I am nervous to reply or engage with unknown number.
3) Let me get that priority/faster delivery though.
I’d wait to hear that others have gotten this message - and possibly verified it’s origin. Phishing is rampant these days. Better safe than sorry.

I’d wait to hear that others have gotten this message - and possibly verified it’s origin. Phishing is rampant these days. Better safe than sorry.

My firm just had a cyber security presentation a few weeks ago too. I assume everyone I dont know messaging me is posing as a Nigerian Prince looking for a safe place to store $30,000,000 and all that is missing is my account and social.

I put my $2500 deposit on Oct 7 2019 and the price for model 3 Sr+ Was $38990 Delivery 2-3 weeks. I have been waiting patiently for vin and delivery. This morning checking on my order the price went up to $39490 and now a 6-10 week wait. Tesla can’t do that but that is what is in my account. how is Tesla getting away with this price and delivery change after an order is placed. Sounds like a lawsuit. Are there others that this has happened to as well? If so a class action lawsuit is warranted. My price went up and my delivery time increase 5 fold from original price in my contract and original date given.

Check the price under "completed tasks"

I ordered a LR AWD on Oct 29th, Just a few days prior to the $1000 FSD increase and $500 price increase. When I look at my completed tasks I still see FSD for $,6000 & the car price is $500 lower.

What is even more confusing is if I click on "Update Autopilot" it shows it selected for $7,000. Freaked me out until I saw it said $6,000 under completed tasks.

So glad we stopped in a Corte Madera and got the heads up about the federal tax credit & price changes. Helped convinced my wife to pull the trigger ASAP.

Just received a text message from a number that I do not recognize (510 area code) saying:

"Get priority matching to a vehicle for faster delivery by completing your profile now at Tesla.com/teslaacount"

2) With all the phishing scams out there I am nervous to reply or engage with unknown number.

Got the same text message just a few minutes ago. I’ve received a message from them before on 9/28 after a test drive.

“Join Tesla in accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Get 2 years of unlimited Supercharging if you take delivery this month. Please visit a store or order online at Tesla.com/new”

My firm just had a cyber security presentation a few weeks ago too. I assume everyone I dont know messaging me is posing as a Nigerian Prince looking for a safe place to store $30,000,000 and all that is missing is my account and social.
Well, if you own a company - then you are very aware that there is always someone on the “street” trying to take what you have. Its part of doing business these days.

I was just advising caution. Really!

Just received a text message from a number that I do not recognize (510 area code) saying:

Got this same message as well

Well, if you own a company - then you are very aware that there is always someone on the “street” trying to take what you have. Its part of doing business these days.

I was just advising caution. Really!

I was agreeing with you and trying to use a little humor. I may have missed on the delivery. I was trying to say that I am hyper-vigilant right now because of the presentation so I was skeptical and didnt want to click the link but also, you know want to click the link haha

I received the same text. The link directed me to my Tesla account page. There was nothing apparent on the page that I had to do in relation to the text's message.

I also hope I didn't miss anything. Is there a section to include your car insurance information? I remember a year go when I put in a reservation, they asked for this information. But I didn't see it with my recent order.

I also hope I didn't miss anything. Is there a section to include your car insurance information? I remember a year go when I put in a reservation, they asked for this information. But I didn't see it with my recent order.

I received the text message from tesla today as well.
I don't see anything for insurance, but on my profile I haven't filled out payment information yet since I just put in my order on 10/30 for a model 3 performance and we are still probably 6-9 weeks away

I got it as well. Was already signed into my account. Thought I may have gotten duped, I never click on links like that...but I did. I had some issues navigating my account for a bit after, got a bit worried, freezing and all that. Even my wheels temporarily changed back to silver, but went back to gray eventually. Removed my credit card that I forgot I left on file.

I received the text message from tesla today as well.
I don't see anything for insurance, but on my profile I haven't filled out payment information yet since I just put in my order on 10/30 for a model 3 performance and we are still probably 6-9 weeks away

That's reassuring to know. I haven't filled out payment information either since I won't be applying for a loan until I have a sense of the delivery date. I wouldn't want the offer rate to expire before I'm able to take delivery.

On the Overview > Next Steps menu, I only have a checkmark for the Order item.

Hearing about the variance of people's order pages is also peculiar and puzzling.

Some have dates. Some have nothing. I have "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

This board has lots of neat features. I definitely want to become a supporting member. If I ever get a car, you can count me in!

You already are a supporting member, and your feelings/opinions are spot on.

Regardless of anything posted here, I am very confident all of us will be happy by year's end. In the meantime, expect anxiety and headaches. We will all laugh about it next year.

Reactions: jonquiljo
You already are a supporting member, and your feelings/opinions are spot on.

Regardless of anything posted here, I am very confident all of us will be happy by year's end. In the meantime, expect anxiety and headaches. We will all laugh about it next year.

Yes, but it's also a good idea to chip in on expenses. This is one of the most informative boards I have ever seen.

Ordered mine on 10/22. SR+ white exterior and black interior, 18 areo wheels and autopilot. Delivery in Buena park. Delivery mgr informed me maybe late Nov, early December. Also some demo/inventory/ showroom cars may become active in the next several weeks. No vin and invited to new owner orientation yesterday.

That's reassuring to know. I haven't filled out payment information either since I won't be applying for a loan until I have a sense of the delivery date. I wouldn't want the offer rate to expire before I'm able to take delivery.

On the Overview > Next Steps menu, I only have a checkmark for the Order item.

Got the same text today at noon from #510- , my profile looks complete except for the payment information, I selected 'Tesla Arranged Loan' and did not submit credit application yet. Somewhere I read that wait until you get a delivery date to shop around for the loan. Not sure if there will be enough time to get

To people who are looking at financing, How are you all planning to pull it off? Tesla loan or other credit union. Im thinking Tesla loan might be less hassel compared to other CU wrt paper work, does the whole paper work/loan approval happens before or on the day of delivery? Highly debating if <1% APR is worth taking some risk with all the uncertainity.

Order: LR AWD, Aero, Black/Black, FSD, did not have options to pick fremont delivery center, just have my home address (10miles from the factory)

Got the same text today at noon from #510- , my profile looks complete except for the payment information, I selected 'Tesla Arranged Loan' and did not submit credit application yet. Somewhere I read that wait until you get a delivery date to shop around for the loan. Not sure if there will be enough time to get

To people who are looking at financing, How are you all planning to pull it off? Tesla loan or other credit union. Im thinking Tesla loan might be less hassel compared to other CU wrt paper work, does the whole paper work/loan approval happens before or on the day of delivery? Highly debating if <1% APR is worth taking some risk with all the uncertainity.

Order: LR AWD, Aero, Black/Black, FSD, did not have options to pick fremont delivery center, just have my home address (10miles from the factory)
I’m planning on getting a rate from a CU then having lightstream beat it and giving an unsecured loan