Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 waiters in California - please post here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got text from Tesla to schedule delivery. They are going to deliver at home.
Got MVPA today. Hopefully I will get the loan process completed today and most probably I will get delivery on Wednesday (11/20).

To be taken with a grain of salt:

I've read tons of posts of SAs or other Tesla reps all saying the same thing: CA deliveries to commence in middle/late December. Yet everyone who reads this forum know this to be untrue. Deliveries HAVE started in California and the Pacific Time Zone. So far, only SR+.

However, my local showroom in Corte Madera seems to have bucked the trend. The last three times I've been in there, asking for updates, they said "end of November, early December" for my order (LR/AWD ordered 10/18). Three separate SAs have all said the same thing when looking up my order.

While I'd love delivery before Thanksgiving, I wouldn't bet a dime on it at this point. But it's interesting they have been saying the same thing all along, and so far they seem to be more accurate than the standard "company line".

Reactions: tren01t
So this morning around 10am I emailed the Costa Mesa center to ask for a delivery status update telling them I'm on week 8 of waiting. They told me early to mid Dec is when they'll get deliveries. I got a response from them within 5mins. Came home from work today around 4pm, check the source code & BAM! Got my vin assigned. This just tells me some not all SA's have no clue what's going on. Looks like Cali peeps are getting VINS! I'll be reaching out back to the SA tomorrow to figure out when I can get a pick up date.

So this morning around 10am I emailed the Costa Mesa center to ask for a delivery status update telling them I'm on week 8 of waiting. They told me early to mid Dec is when they'll get deliveries. I got a response from them within 5mins. Came home from work today around 4pm, check the source code & BAM! Got my vin assigned. This just tells me some not all SA's have no clue what's going on. Looks like Cali peeps are getting VINS! I'll be reaching out back to the SA tomorrow to figure out when I can get a pick up date.
Glad for you since you ordered on 10/01. It was overdue since you were at eight weeks and sightings of SR+ already being delivered n So Cal.

getting a vin number doesn't mean immediate delivery date, right? it just means the car is complete and it exists. it's now the matter of getting the car from the plant to the dealer location?

there are some posts i see here where people just get delivery dates without vin numbers. i assume, maybe the car was meant for another person and maybe passed on the order or changed their mind?

i am glad some of the california orders are moving forward. hope us LR FSD orders are soon to come as well or at least get vin numbers. i want to order my charger for the house before it's sold out again.

Have any of you gone to the New Owner Workshop? I don't think I need to but if you guys think its worthwhile then I may. I've completed my profile including funding details so I should be in line to get a VIN whenever they're available.

Have any of you gone to the New Owner Workshop? I don't think I need to but if you guys think its worthwhile then I may. I've completed my profile including funding details so I should be in line to get a VIN whenever they're available.

i went a few weeks ago in buena park. they checked my profile and helped me with what was still missing. if you're profile is complete, i don't think it's necessary to go. they just go over the cars and the new solar panel stuff. they have advisors to help complete your profile or if you have any questions.

Reactions: M3FNATIK
i went a few weeks ago in buena park. they checked my profile and helped me with what was still missing. if you're profile is complete, i don't think it's necessary to go. they just go over the cars and the new solar panel stuff. they have advisors to help complete your profile or if you have any questions.

Thanks for confirming. I will use that time to spend with the family then :). Glad I asked!

@M3FNATIK Agreed. No need to go. You get more information on this forum. They do help with your account page and if you have specific questions you might get a bit more info, but overall not worth it.
I went to Marina Del Rey. Basic info on the car, you can also chat about solar panels and look at the merch. That's pretty much it.

Using this forum to cope and gather info as we wait...hahaha

• Funny
Reactions: tren01t
To be taken with a grain of salt:

I've read tons of posts of SAs or other Tesla reps all saying the same thing: CA deliveries to commence in middle/late December. Yet everyone who reads this forum know this to be untrue. Deliveries HAVE started in California and the Pacific Time Zone. So far, only SR+.

However, my local showroom in Corte Madera seems to have bucked the trend. The last three times I've been in there, asking for updates, they said "end of November, early December" for my order (LR/AWD ordered 10/18). Three separate SAs have all said the same thing when looking up my order.

While I'd love delivery before Thanksgiving, I wouldn't bet a dime on it at this point. But it's interesting they have been saying the same thing all along, and so far they seem to be more accurate than the standard "company line".

Hell, I'd be happy with a delivery by the 2nd week of December, given that I ordered 10/11. You ordered 10/18 - I thought it was earlier. I think you have the right idea, keep riding the sales/delivery people to remind them that you are there.

All along I have thought that it made no sense to be holding back on California deliveries just because it was easier to get cars there. It made more sense to take all the November/December deliveries everywhere and deliver as soon as reasonable. Tesla can't deliver 25-30% of their cars (California) in a short time at the end of the year.

I guess time will show if they switch from SR+ to LR AWD and Performance. I get the impression they were expecting a big hang up with performance - and all the reason to get all the other cars out of the way to rush out delivery of performance when they are made.

When you think about it, a carrier of cars going from Fremont to Chicago takes about 2 days or less. Those guys aren't on a road trip to Disneyland. They haul fast. It takes a day to get from Fremont to San Francisco. Not much difference. The cars need to be unloaded, checked out, probably cleaned up, and delivered.

When you think about it, the factory can't get backed up with outgoing deliveries. There isn't that much usable space around the Tesla factory - and cars can pile up fast.

Does anyone know if the delivery centers give you an option for what time you can take delivery? I happen to have jury duty on the week of Dec 2nd to make my life even more complicated.
I’m in Los Angeles scheduled at Marina Del Rey delivery center. But no Vin or date yet. But expecting Murphy to pop his head.

I really don't care when in December I take delivery as long as I get it this year before the federal rebate disappears. I notice on the Model 3 configurator that it's still encouraging you to take delivery by the end of the year to be eligible for the rebate.

Does anyone know if the delivery centers give you an option for what time you can take delivery? I happen to have jury duty on the week of Dec 2nd to make my life even more complicated.
I’m in Los Angeles scheduled at Marina Del Rey delivery center. But no Vin or date yet. But expecting Murphy to pop his head.

They did to me when I tried to take delivery in early October. I have lots of obligations too - and just can't go any time to pick up a car. Long story - but I'm sure they will have different times of day.

A storm of deliveries is headed our way in Cali . Sr+ waiting thread has a bunch of texts today including myself.

Attachments

• 90C7E4D7-2711-4C38-B5D0-D683E7ED5C39.jpeg
    90C7E4D7-2711-4C38-B5D0-D683E7ED5C39.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: w1n78 and jonquiljo