Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 waiters in California - please post here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
See, how do you know this stuff?

This is good news! I hope I can pickup in Rancho Cucamonga instead of Costa Mesa.
Sorry, was told about this today when I went to showroom to change order for a Stealth. Even though I live in San Rafael, I'm still going to Fremont for delivery.

This is all pretty new info. Call your showroom and ask.

I meant it in a complimenting incredulous way hahah. Like you're always are ahead in the Tesla game! :)

Sorry, was told about this today when I went to showroom to change order for a Stealth. Even though I live in San Rafael, I'm still going to Fremont for delivery.

This is all pretty new info. Call your showroom and ask.
I called San Rafael today and was told that my order date (10/11) was approaching the top of the stack for LR AWD. I was told to expect late Nov to Early Dec. VIN. Whether that happens remains to be seen.

I decided that 4.0 (0-60) for the LR AWD was good enough and that it was not worth the risk changing my order for a stealth. My 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera had a 0-60 of 4.4 -- and it was plenty fast enough. To get that 4.4 seconds, you had to do a perfect shifting job.

The LR AWD does 0-60 in 4.0 (or even possibly less), which beats a Porsche 911 of 15 years ago. I mean beyond a point, what do you do with all that power? The instant torque of the Tesla makes a whole lot of difference. That makes your 50-70 really a piece of cake.

I meant it in a complimenting incredulous way hahah. Like you're always are ahead in the Tesla game! :)

Yeah I figured. I think it's because our local showroom has been a bit more forthcoming with useful information. There are SAs out there who are still claiming USA production hasn't started, and all CA deliveries will be in last two weeks of December. So far, the local guys have seemed to be worthy of trust.

Reactions: M3FNATIK
Wellm I picked up my Model 3 at Costa Mesa today! It has been a long 8-weeks, but well worth the wait. Be patient my fellow Cali peeps, it will come fast & next thing you know you're driving in your new Model 3. (Placed order on 10/1 SR+)

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    370.4 KB · Views: 60
  • M2.jpg
    M2.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 48
Wellm I picked up my Model 3 at Costa Mesa today! It has been a long 8-weeks, but well worth the wait. Be patient my fellow Cali peeps, it will come fast & next thing you know you're driving in your new Model 3. (Placed order on 10/1 SR+)

Congrats! But looks like it's true they're installing the front license plate frame now. Is it taped on there or screwed on? Can you tell if it's removable?

Reactions: justin.jdl
Ordered on 10/18 LR AWD, white, blk interior, no FSD, 18s.

Called my SA today and he was able to order a Stealth, White, blk interior, no FSD, 19s. Got VIN on the order. Costa Mesa delivery in 1-2 weeks.

I wonder if the guy I spoke to in San Rafeal wasn't BS'ing me. He said that it would likely take longer to get a Stealth than my current order of AWD LR!

I don't trust these guys. Shall I call again? I don't care about the extra $2000. Hell, they can have $5000. I want a car now if they are available.

Reactions: tren01t
I wonder if the guy I spoke to in San Rafeal wasn't BS'ing me. He said that it would likely take longer to get a Stealth than my current order of AWD LR!

I don't trust these guys. Shall I call again? I don't care about the extra $2000. Hell, they can have $5000. I want a car now if they are available.

Well, it’s not a delivery date, but I got my VIN minutes after I switched the trim.

Was that at the Service Center?

Talk to Jay at Corte Madera showroom. He’s a manager and knows his stuff.

Did anyone attended the fremont delivery center workshop today? was it any thing good? I RSVP'd for this saturday..

I was at the Fremont workshop today, they go over your tesla profile with you, and a brief 30min session about how to use autopilot, roadside assistance, warranty, and a Q&A after that they send you to the back and you got to play around with X,S,3 Demo car. was kind of disappointed and the workshop is not what I expected, but they did tell us that we should be getting model 3 delivered around mid to end of Dec before the deadline for federal tax return, and also they said we should not expect home delivery since that will take more time and more resources for them. the SA at the hub said "we need to deliver a whole entire quarter of car within a week, and we will have an appointment from 8 AM to 11 PM, and you will have 3 day to take delivery after VIN Assiangment or you will get re-vin"

Reactions: DKM3D

Congrats !!! Planning any mods in the near future ?

That delivery center looks nice !! My delivery was outside in the rain....

My SA didn't know anything about the Stealth being available until he checked. I would definitely call again or call another store to speak to someone different. I saw a post on the Tesla Model 3 FB group where a person in Buena Park, CA was able to order a stealth last night. They're definitely out there, just don't know how many are available.

Did anyone attended the fremont delivery center workshop today? was it any thing good? I RSVP'd for this saturday..
I went last night. The main benefit for me was that when they looked up my account they said - oddly - that I hadn’t agreed to my trade-in quote yet, when I had. This didn’t show up on my side of the account screen anywhere. So she agreed to it on her end - nothing changed on mine - in order to not cause any delays.

Reactions: DKM3D
I really hope our M3's don't come with the front plate mounted :(

i'm with you on this. AFAIK they don't come with the front plate mounted. the dealerships usually do it when they prep the car or after they receive it from the truck. i'm going to try to call my SA or someone in buena park to see if they can put a note not to do it to mine when they get it - if they do. i've seen aftermarket mount that clips on to something so no holes. i think i saw it on a youtube video or forum. can't remember where. but i've driven without a front plate for over a decade and had no issues (knock on wood). you may have a higher chance with trouble when at the airport without a front plate.

Reactions: tren01t