Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 waiters in California - please post here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla moves like lightning!

I find my VIN in the source this morning. I immediately called my bank to start the loan process, everything gets submitted by 2 pm and I'm told to expect an answer on Monday afternoon.

At 3:30 pm I get a text from Tesla that I have to take delivery by Wednesday in San Francisco or I forfeit the car. Insane turn around since I only just saw the VIN in the source. Thank god I've been following this thread and know about looking in the source!

At 5 pm my bank calls me for more information since the car is so new (2020 the VIN decoder says) and since it is a Tesla they can't determine the value of the car (hell even Tesla has raised the price twice since I ordered on 10/31!). I had to send them a screenshot of the pricing breakdown in my account. I spoke with them about Tesla requiring me to pick up the car at 2 pm on Wednesday and she is going to make sure to get the check to me by Tuesday. There is absolutely no reason we should be denied the loan.

Super excited! But god damn Tesla couldn't you have gotten me the VIN Thursday?! I even spoke with SA about how if I'm supposed to take delivery next week I need the VIN by Thursday to not be under the gun. Nope.

Oh well, it will all be worth it. Wednesday we will officially be joining the Tesla family!

Reactions: house9 and jmcmill
It finally happened! a Xmas miracle.

Ordered 11/10, White ext/black int, 18" aero, FSD
DC: Buena Park, CA

Got a text from tesla today to schedule delivery and the earliest was 12/17 Tuesday.
Checked in account and found VIN number and delivery appointment time 12/17.

Page is weird that it shows page as if I'm at the first step of placing an order.
The next step page where upload insurance is not there and only a page for Financing option.

Anybody ran into that when they have a VIN on page but page show:

upload_2019-12-14_17-11-45-png.488292

Anyways, it's coming to California finally boys and girls!!! You guys are coming up in next few days.

"vin" which goes after "showDetailsInSelfInsuranceForm" is the one which all of you guys are waiting? If it got serial number instead of null that's good news - right?

So it was real. Just get sms for schedule a pickup
Order date : 11/27/19

Model : SR+ White/White 18" Aero FSD
Vin : 2020 VIN
Source code Vin: 12/13/19 (about 4pm cos I checked in the morning and it was empty)
Delivery date: 12/19/19

It finally happened! a Xmas miracle.

Ordered 11/10, White ext/black int, 18" aero, FSD
DC: Buena Park, CA

Got a text from tesla today to schedule delivery and the earliest was 12/17 Tuesday.
Checked in account and found VIN number and delivery appointment time 12/17.

Page is weird that it shows page as if I'm at the first step of placing an order.
The next step page where upload insurance is not there and only a page for Financing option.

Anybody ran into that when they have a VIN on page but page show:

upload_2019-12-14_17-11-45-png.488292

Anyways, it's coming to California finally boys and girls!!! You guys are coming up in next few days.

Your's must be one of the ones in the Sears parking at the BP Mall I saw this morning as I drove buy to get my morning coffee. Congrats.

So it was real. Just get sms for schedule a pickup
Order date : 11/27/19

Model : SR+ White/White 18" Aero FSD
Vin : 2020 VIN
Source code Vin: 12/13/19 (about 4pm cos I checked in the morning and it was empty)
Delivery date: 12/19/19

congrats! if you're looking for a PPF/tint recommendation, let me know. just got my car back from a place i heard about through these forums and i'm extremely happy with it.

so i just got an email that asks for my delivery date availability. it pretty much says to provide them with dates i am available from now until december 31. i'm available all days lol. but no vin yet. so what should i expect next - for those that got this email?

Attachments

• confirm_delivery_date.jpg
    confirm_delivery_date.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 38
so i just got an email that asks for my delivery date availability. it pretty much says to provide them with dates i am available from now until december 31. i'm available all days lol. but no vin yet. so what should i expect next - for those that got this email?

Second this! I received the same and noted that we would be available any day also. Fingers crossed!
(10/12 order LR AWD wht/wht 19" FSD Costa Mesa Pickup)

I got my Vin in source code but no scheduled delivery. Texted my SA today and he said the car is still in production. Does anyone know how long does it take from production to delivery? I will pick ip in Buena Park. There are only 13 days left until end of the year :(

I got my Vin in source code but no scheduled delivery. Texted my SA today and he said the car is still in production. Does anyone know how long does it take from production to delivery? I will pick ip in Buena Park. There are only 13 days left until end of the year :(

I am also Buena Park. I got my source code vin on 12/12 then got the delivery text 3 days later 12/15, will pick up car later today 12/18

so don't worry it should be soon!

Reactions: sslack18