Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 waiters in California - please post here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a text this morning to schedule delivery... I scheduled it for 12/27 Burbank. Car is due to leave factory on 12/23. VIN to come today or tomorrow.

Ordered: 10/28
Model 3 Performance
Midnight Silver Metallic

Last edited:
Update: as of today afternoon I got a call from delivery center in Buena Park to inform that the cars would come late so it’s likely I cannot pick up my car as scheduled. Estimated delivery date postponed to Monday morning.
Update again for anyone who is picking up on Monday in Buena Park: the truck will come at 12 PM and it will take about 3 hours for inspection and details. So they called me and rescheduled my pick up later on Monday. Did anyone get the same call from DC?

• Helpful
Reactions: w1n78
This has been the strangest...

I placed a reservation on 12/20/19. We will call this the Reservation 1. That same evening, Existing Inventory was flooded with cars exactly like my spec. My understanding was that if you bought one from Existing Inventory, delivery would happen quicker, so I put another $100 deposit down on one of those cars. We will call this Reservation 2.

On 12/21, I see Reservation 2 has a VIN in source code, while Reservation 1 does not. I go into Tesla to confirm Reservation 2 has a VIN which they do. Since I can't get my $100 back, the sales rep suggests that I still keep both reservations just in case.

This morning, 12/22/19, I receive a text saying my car is leaving the factory on 12/23/19 and to schedule a delivery appointment. It is for Reservation 1! I go into Tesla and schedule a Delivery Appointment for December 26 10:00 AM and it shows up under Reservation 1 but there is no VIN in the source code.

I want to make sure I am not going to end up with 2 Teslas, so I want to cancel one of my reservations. I'm assuming I should cancel Reservation 1 or should I wait until I see the VIN pop up in Reservation 1 (the one that now has a delivery appointment)?

Anyone else have a situation where you have your Delivery Appointment set and "null" is still in the VIN for the source code?

Update again for anyone who is picking up on Monday in Buena Park: the truck will come at 12 PM and it will take about 3 hours for inspection and details. So they called me and rescheduled my pick up later on Monday. Did anyone get the same call from DC?

so... this is only for those with monday schedule? mine is tuesday. i got a text today to confirm it so i responded "yes". wonder if tuesday schedules are also affected? good luck tomorrow

This has been the strangest...

I placed a reservation on 12/20/19. We will call this the Reservation 1. That same evening, Existing Inventory was flooded with cars exactly like my spec. My understanding was that if you bought one from Existing Inventory, delivery would happen quicker, so I put another $100 deposit down on one of those cars. We will call this Reservation 2.

On 12/21, I see Reservation 2 has a VIN in source code, while Reservation 1 does not. I go into Tesla to confirm Reservation 2 has a VIN which they do. Since I can't get my $100 back, the sales rep suggests that I still keep both reservations just in case.

This morning, 12/22/19, I receive a text saying my car is leaving the factory on 12/23/19 and to schedule a delivery appointment. It is for Reservation 1! I go into Tesla and schedule a Delivery Appointment for December 26 10:00 AM and it shows up under Reservation 1 but there is no VIN in the source code.

I want to make sure I am not going to end up with 2 Teslas, so I want to cancel one of my reservations. I'm assuming I should cancel Reservation 1 or should I wait until I see the VIN pop up in Reservation 1 (the one that now has a delivery appointment)?

Anyone else have a situation where you have your Delivery Appointment set and "null" is still in the VIN for the source code?
I do!

Order date: 11/27- changed from aero wheels to 19" on 12/9
Configuration: LR AWD White/White w/ 19" wheels; FSD
VIN: none

Originally the delivery estimate said 3-5 weeks, but was told by the SA that the change to the configuration to 19" wheels would still make the cutoff to take delivery before the new year. Now our estimated delivery is gone from the account and no VIN found in the source.

Order date: 11/27- changed from aero wheels to 19" on 12/9
Configuration: LR AWD White/White w/ 19" wheels; FSD
VIN: none

Originally the delivery estimate said 3-5 weeks, but was told by the SA that the change to the configuration to 19" wheels would still make the cutoff to take delivery before the new year. Now our estimated delivery is gone from the account and no VIN found in the source.

Edit: Just received the text confirming our delivery date of 12/31 and VIN found in source.

Reactions: AZjohnInCA
Those of you who took delivery already, did you have your own financing or go through Tesla’s credit application. I’m using my credit union, but still don’t have a vin nor a MVPA on my account. I’m picking up the day after Christmas so I’m a little stressed about how I’m going to get my credit union to mail a check by Thursday (they’re only open until noon tomorrow). Thanks in advance for advice.

just checking in on this thread also

bay area
11/6 ordered msm/black p3d+ non fsd
12/2 privately sold my ice
12/18 confirmed non-availability
12/22 rec'd delivery text
12/23 vin in source, mvpa on profile page
12/24 had mvpa updated to reflect new loan (eecu 1.99%)
12/27 home delivery

hopefully the car won't have any major defects like with the paint etc. can't get too excited yet.

Those of you who took delivery already, did you have your own financing or go through Tesla’s credit application. I’m using my credit union, but still don’t have a vin nor a MVPA on my account. I’m picking up the day after Christmas so I’m a little stressed about how I’m going to get my credit union to mail a check by Thursday (they’re only open until noon tomorrow). Thanks in advance for advice.

I haven’t taken delivery yet, but I’m going with Tesla-sourced financing. Went with an EECU approval rate and Tesla matched it. Pretty painless process.

I finally got my MVPA!!!! Woo hoo! And my credit union said they’ll give me a cashiers check the same day I go in! I’m ready! I’m ready!

Reactions: w1n78 and ash1057
ordered 12/8/19 , SR+, RWD, standard options

took delivery on 12/23/19

Loc. East LA

my SA contacted me on 12/22/19 stating there is a customer supposed to take delivery and was not responding to the delivery request, and it was my lucky day as the car is spec.ed exactly as mine. next morning the Burbank delivery center called to schedule for a same day delivery appointment. everything happened so fast to a point where I drove my M3 home , my order status was still "drafting up your contract"

PS: supposedly , my original order was scheduled for delivery on 12/30 to 12/31. although i couldn't see the pre-production vin in source, my SA said he could see it from his end. so I guess if you ordered on or before 12/8, don't lose hope yet??

i picked up my car monday night. still can't schedule service from the app and the supercharger credit barely kicked in yesterday. i stopped by the dealership since it's near work. their system still says my car is at and owned by the tesla delearship and my mvpa is not in my profile. apparently that's needed to fill out the rebate. wanted to get ahead fill it out but i can't.

the car is great. but the screen has restarted once already and this morning phantom braking occurred while on cruise control. luckily no one was behind me and i regain control right away. if you haven't read up on phantom braking, look it up. not trying to be negative but let's be safe. another surprise is the supercharger rates. they are a bit high. make sure you set up home charging and check your electricity rates to find out when the lowest rates occur. i scheduled to get the wall charger installed tomorrow. they are in and out online inventory. i drove to costa mesa dealership. they had stacks of the silver, 24' length ones.

i've already driven 500+ miles. so much fun to drive i almost regret getting FSD... almost :cool:

Reactions: phibetakitten
i picked up my car monday night. still can't schedule service from the app and the supercharger credit barely kicked in yesterday. i stopped by the dealership since it's near work. their system still says my car is at and owned by the tesla delearship and my mvpa is not in my profile. apparently that's needed to fill out the rebate. wanted to get ahead fill it out but i can't.

the car is great. but the screen has restarted once already and this morning phantom braking occurred while on cruise control. luckily no one was behind me and i regain control right away. if you haven't read up on phantom braking, look it up. not trying to be negative but let's be safe. another surprise is the supercharger rates. they are a bit high. make sure you set up home charging and check your electricity rates to find out when the lowest rates occur. i scheduled to get the wall charger installed tomorrow. they are in and out online inventory. i drove to costa mesa dealership. they had stacks of the silver, 24' length ones.

i've already driven 500+ miles. so much fun to drive i almost regret getting FSD... almost :cool:

Phantom breaking in my X seems to have gotten worse with the last 2 updates. It also tends top be worse in the morning in bright light. I think it is caused by shadows on the road from overpasses.