Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 wake-up issues both with phone and key card

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I've searched around on many threads here and have found bits and pieces. Have tried various reboots with no luck. I wanted to see if anyone else was having these problems grouped together as I am. Since I got my 3 this spring, I love it but it's never worked very well with the phone. (Three different iPhones used) always takes forever to wake up if it wakes up at all. Summon almost never works. Using it as a key is not possible because of this. So I use the key card but lately there's a new wake up problem. I get in the car and it just sits dead for a while before any screens come on. Even with the key card on the console. This is not the end of the world but for such a cool and pricey car, it's a little crazy to get in and have to wait around for it to let me drive it. I just ordered the new fob, hoping that will help but I'm wondering if anyone else has had these problems grouped together and found any solutions.

I have been keeping firmware up to date, always installing immediately when they become available to me, hoping this will fix it. Never does.

Thank you.

I own Model 3 for a couple of month, and wake up issue is the most irritating to me. Two days ago installed 44.2 update, thinking it will help. Turned out it's not. Walk out of the car to the ATM (2-3 minutes at most) and when came back, the car was in DEEP sleep. It did not want to wake up neither using key, not iPhone. Dancing around a pricey car on gusty cold wind it's not the best experience.