Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 walk away lock.

kleinosky1

Jun 5, 2021
Usa
Been having issues with my model 3 walk away lock as of this week. My Tesla will not auto lock and most times when I get out it’ll still play music and actually turn up the volume as well as turn on the a/c when I *sugar* the door after getting out. I then turn the air off in tesla app and lock car. Any insights?

JohnnyMa

Apr 23, 2021
Texas
Been having issues with my model 3 walk away lock as of this week. My Tesla will not auto lock and most times when I get out it’ll still play music and actually turn up the volume as well as turn on the a/c when I *sugar* the door after getting out. I then turn the air off in tesla app and lock car. Any insights?
I'm assuming your phone auto-corrected "shut" to something else, and the forum autocorrected that to "sugar" :-D

GtiMart

Nov 13, 2019
Quebec City, Canada
Mine does that sometimes, mostly if I move the car for short lengths, or I don't buckle the seatbelt. I can see the main lights stay on... I just reopen/reclose the driver door and it stops.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC